Theisen's is an independent, family-owned chain of Home, Farm and Auto stores, with locations in Dubuque, Maquoketa, Dewitt, Anamosa, Monticello, Tipton, Dyersville, Vinton, lowa Falls, Charles City, New Hampton, Marshalltown, Cedar Rapids (2), Newton, Ames, Grinnell, Pella, Coralville, Indianola, Davenport IA, Sparta WI, Black River Falls WI and Jefferson, WI.
Theisen's is a member of Mid-States Distributing, a buying group comprised of independent, family-owned retailers across the country.
Theisen's was founded in 1927 by Leo & Kathryn Theisen. Theisen's headquarters are in Dubuque where the buying staff, advertising, accounting, human resources, MIS and distribution center are located.
Theisen's employs over 1200 associates. The philosophy at Theisen's is "people buy from people, not companies" and the company stresses that "our associates work with us, not for us". 6201 Chavenelle Road Dubuque , IA 52002-2634 (563)556-4738
- Experience: 2 - 4 years in computer field or 2 - 4 yrs related job experience
- Technical Requirement: Equipment: Windows 7 workstations, Windows Servers & various software versions, AS/400, LAN/WAN, switches and routers. POS keyboards, printers and scanners. Software: SQL, Microsoft Office Suite, Backup Exec, Vipre Antivirus Other: General knowledge of web site design and operation, TimeStar/Time Simplicity, ABRA, POS software, and Crystal Reports preferred. MAC technology and troubleshoot MAC issues a plus.
- Install, move, maintain, and repair various computer equipment, RF guns, and assorted peripherals throughout all the locations within the organization.
- Provide technical assistance, and support to Associates relating to both hardware and software problems on their work computers.
- Maintain trouble logs on computer support requests using ticket system.
- Prepare and maintain procedural documentation to assist in installation or ongoing support of software and hardware.
- Assist in the testing, and installation of new procedures, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Utilizing the company test network, test the affects the installation will have on the store’s network.
- Help maintain the company Anti-spam software (Barracuda), ensuring that the program builds are kept current. Install new updates and provide technical support on all issues relating to the Anti-spam program to provide the best possible protection against spam.
- Help maintains the company whitelist to ensure emails are delivered as required.
- Help maintain the company Anti-virus software (Vipre). Ensure that adequate licenses are maintained, ensure that all systems are kept current with the latest software updates and ensure that workstations are performing weekly full scan to maintain the best possible virus protection.
- Upgrade camera software as required and maintain all updates.
- Assist in maintaining the company Internet Access. Must be familiar with routers, remote access, and various Internet medium (DSL, Broadband and T1).
- Assist in maintaining Microsoft Exchange to ensure a secure Email system. Help to identify potential email issues and ensure preventive measures required to maintain a secure email system are in place.
- Any other duties as requested by management.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|