Senior EngineerJohn Deere Dubuque Works, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the key facilities in Deere & Company's Construction and Forestry (C&F) Division. The Dubuque Works manufactures backhoe loaders, crawler dozers, and skid steer loaders for the construction industry and knuckleboom loaders and tracked feller bunchers for the forestry industry. The Dubuque Works also serves as the Center of Excellence for the C&F Division in the areas of Product Engineering, Product Verification and Validation, Supply Management, and Product Support which includes the Dealer Technical Assistance Center. From a manufacturing perspective, the core competencies of the factory include plate and sheet cutting, machining, welding, paint, and assembly.
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the most innovative and productive facilities of its kind. From an Engineering perspective, techniques such as virtual reality and rapid concepting are used to assist in the design process. Our manufacturing facilities use state of the art techniques and equipment to produce products including CNC machining centers and a Manufacturing Execution System (MES). We are proud of how fast we can get new technology into the hands of our customers, and of the quality we can attain through a very structured and effective Product Development Process. Our Product Support teams use the latest techniques and satellite communication systems to keep the machines we make on the job, dayin and dayout. Additionally, outside of the factory our products are supported by an efficient parts delivery system, and a network of John Deere dealers and company field representatives, strategically located throughout the world to support the products we produce
We are dedicated to keeping our customers ahead of their competitors by supplying the most efficient, dependable machines possible. Through teamwork, a commitment to continuous improvement, and a major investment in aggressive, ongoing research, the Dubuque Works has helped John Deere become a leader in the Construction and Forestry equipment industry.
For more information on Deere & Company go to internet site www.deere.com
Title: 50817666 - Senior Engineer - 54114
Primary Location: Vereinigte Staaten (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Dubuque
Organizational Group: WW C&F
Exemption Status: Exempt
Hiring Manager: Deanna L Carroll
Employee Referral Bonus: $2.000,00
As a Senior Engineer for John Deere Construction & Forestry Division, located in Dubuque, IA, you will perform administrative duties related to performance management, resource planning, training, and development of 3 to 6 direct reports. In addition, you will:
- Provide leadership for the use of key off-site software development resources
- Provide technical guidance and project leadership on two or more key embedded control projects for programs using AGILE software development methods to ensure that the product program goals are met
- Provide technical leadership and counsel to less experienced employees within the embedded software and electro-hydraulic control functional group
- Assist in continuous improvement efforts in the area of software project management and our embedded software development processes.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 5 or more years of Embedded Software Development work experience
- 2 or more years of Technical project leadership experience
- Experience in Embedded Software Development for mobile equipment applications
- Demonstrated capability in following a formal Embedded Software Development Process
- Experience developing with Real-Time Operating Systems or task schedulers
- Experience with Embedded Systems Tools such as emulators, debuggers, compilers, simulators
- Experience with microcontroller peripherals and systems, including: PWM outputs, boot loaders, A/D converters, watchdog timers, interrupt and trap functions, serial and parallel interface
- Experience with C programming language
- Experience in Model Based Software Design techniques
- Strong problem solving and communications skills
What Makes You Stand Out
- Expert knowledge in C programming language
- Expert Knowledge of Model Based Software Design techniques
- Experience in SAE J1939 CAN, JDOS, VT, JD Bootblock, JDJet, Payload Generation
- Experience in Electro-hydraulics and powertrain applications
- Knowledge of the John Deere Product Delivery Process and C&F's Embedded Software Development Process or similar processes employed in industry
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.