Construction ManagerGronen, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Gronen Restoration, LLC
Gronen has an exciting opening for a driven construction professional seeking their next challenge. This position will expand the knowledge and career of the chosen candidate as Gronen continues its growth of development and construction services.
This crucial role will act as a liaison bridging client needs with technical field logistics. Their efforts will deepen relationships with existing and new client base and continue the growth of Gronen Restorations’ reputation and breath of services throughout the region. A strong emphasis on development will be integrated within this role.
The Construction Manager will lead the construction team in assembling pre-construction estimates/budgets, develop schedules and deadlines to keep development on schedule, and break complex projects into bid packages. Upon project commencement, this role will track the budget, update clients on changes, as well as coordinate and schedule all work necessary to complete the building project.
This position will be responsible for multiple projects in various stages of construction from project development, preconstruction, design, to project close-out.
More About Gronen
Gronen, anchored in Dubuque, IA, has played a significant role in the revitalization of downtown Dubuque through its rehabilitation, construction, and property & facility management services. Established in 1999, Gronen has completed development projects totaling costs in excess of $150,000,000 and has grown to manage over 1 million square feet of mixed-use property in Dubuque’s urban core. These projects have brought new life into the urban areas they inhabit, creating long needed residential opportunities, historic store fronts filled with eating establishments, retail and office space, as well as providing space for non-profit organizations that serve the downtown community. All have been truly catalytic for Dubuque’s urban core.
- Assist, if not lead, continuous improvement on tracking job performance and integrating systems to streamline estimating to job reporting
- Create and manage the budgets for each project including supplies, materials and labor
- Create schedules for construction projects and ensure projects are fully staffed
- Maintain continuous communication with clients and update them on any changes
- Manage both new construction and remodeling projects
- Oversee subcontractors and vendors to ensure quality standards are met
- Comply with legal requirements, building and safety codes, and other regulations
- Effectively communicate and maintain good working relations with local authorities
- Must be good at planning for large-scale, multi-steps projects
- This person must effectively plan, coordinate and communicate with the owners, superintendent, project architects and engineers, contractors, suppliers, etc. for each project
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 10 years of construction management experience
- Good writing and speaking skills are a must
- Must know construction methodologies, read blueprints and understand technical aspects of construction
- The role of Construction Manager requires annual volumes ranging from $1M -$10+M and individual projects of $5M or more
- A bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Construction Engineering is preferred
- Most projects located in downtown Dubuque and surrounding areas
- Must be proficient with Microsoft suite products as well as Microsoft Project Scheduling software and have excellent communication, organizational, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Sage Contractor 100, Plan-Swift and Bluebeam experience a plus
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||10+ Years|