The Dubuque Regional Humane Society (DRHS) is a no-kill open admission animal welfare organization serving the tri-state area since 1901. Our facility admits thousands of homeless animals every year, providing them food, shelter, medical attention, and a second chance at finding their forever homes. The campus features a recently renovated adoption facility and an on-site veterinary clinic. The DRHS is an independent, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Humane Education Intern
Reports to: Outreach Coordinator
Duration: May 2019-August 2019 / Approx. 20 hours per week
The Humane Education Intern will assist the Outreach Coordinator in providing Humane Education programs to the community in classrooms/businesses, during Kids & Critters Camp, and other companion animal exposure opportunities.
Essential Job Functions
- Schedule and assist presenting Humane Education materials to audiences of different ages
- Assist with scheduling, preparation, set up, tear down, and delivery of Kids & Critters Camp
- Contact group leaders to schedule tours; assist in executing tours as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Have steadfast belief in the mission, policies, and procedures of the DRHS
- Willingness to learn
- Confidence in public speaking
- Personable & relatable
- Proficient use of various computer programs, internet, etc.
- Good with students grades K-12
The Community Outreach Intern will encounter regular exposure to animal odors, diseases, possible contagious conditions, bites, scratches, animal waste, and high noise levels.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|