Medical Coder/BillerSouthwest Health, Cuba City, WI
This listing has expired
Southwest Health is a non-profit health care system offering residents of southwest Wisconsin a broad span of medical services through its various facilities, including a hospital in Platteville, and Southwest Behavioral Services as well as Epione Pavilion in Cuba City.
We are a model healthcare organization, providing the highest quality care at the lowest possible cost while working to create healthier communities.
We are committed to quality health care. Proof of this committment is our accreditation by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations. We've been awarded full accreditation because we strive to provide the best care possible, and we've proven it by meeting the Joint Commissions's standards for high quality care. Our Long Term Care Facility has also successfully completed two consecutive years of deficiency free surveys by the Department of Health and Family Services - Bureau of Quality Assurance.
Our hospital features birthing suites, 24-hour a day emergency services, complete diagnostic services, an out-patient specialty clinic, community health programs, comprehensive rehabilitation services (physical, occupational, speech therapies), and respiratory therapy services to name just a few.
Medical Coder/Biller- Epione Pavilion
- Must have high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Proficient in word processing, email, and Microsoft Excel including the ability to create daily and monthly logs and summary reports, insert simple formulas and manipulate the design and appearance of worksheets.
- Good understanding of general accounting standards and medical terminology preferred.
- Knowledgeable of Corporate Compliance Issues as well as accounts payable processes and cycle.
- Long term care billing or coding experience preferred.
- Minimum 6 months’ experience required as a medical coder.
- Comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, clinical medicine, ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 coding systems required.
- Credentials as RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator), RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician), CCA (Certified Coding Associate), CCS (Certified Coding Specialist) or CPC-P (Certified Professional Coder-Payer).
We are seeking a Medical Coder/Biller to work full-time (40 hours/week) Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm. This position will be a part of our HIM Department, but will primarily work out of our nursing home, Epione Pavilion, in Cuba City.
The Medical Coder/Biller reviews medical documentation and supporting information for the assignment of ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 codes via computerized coding system in accordance with coding guidelines. Communicates with a variety of clinical disciplines and physicians to clarify documentation requirements. Medical billers take the assigned codes and submit claims to insurance providers. Medical billers follow up with both the patient and the insurance provider to ensure accurate billing and timely payments.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application at www.southwesthealth.org.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
This listing has expired
Cuba City, WI
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|