After School Site LeadSedona Staffing Services, Farley, IA
This listing has expired
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
AFTER SCHOOL SITE LEAD
- School Year 2019-2020
- Regular Program Hours: M - F 2:45/3:05 -5:45 (start time will vary based on individual school dismissal time)
- Location: Farley Elementary
- Mandatory Reporter Training required
Definition: Under the supervision of a Associate Director, after-school site leads are responsible for the general supervision and management of the staff and children in the program. Site leads are responsible for overall supervision, weekly lesson plans, daily paperwork, monthly program meetings with staff, and communication with Program/Education Coordinators, parents and co-workers. Program varies by school and more specific program information will be provided during interviews.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement weekly lesson plans, daily programming under the direction of the Education Coordinator and Associate Director.
- Supervise activities designed to enhance the health, emotional, social, intellectual, and physical development of children enrolled in the program.
- Assign and manage tasks to staff and volunteers daily.
- Coordinate and communicate daily with program partners and work as a team.
- Oversee homework assistance (check assignment notebooks and 20 minutes of reading time).
- Ensure the safety of the children in program at all times.
- Enforces all school rules and follows the policies and procedures of company.
- Act as a role model for participating youth including dressing appropriately according to employee handbook.
- Work as a team with other staff, program partner staff, and school staff.
- Demonstrate positive and high energy interactions.
- Effectively and appropriately communicate with students, parents, co-workers, and program coordinator as needed.
- Resolve student situations – behavioral, first aid, and emotional.
- Show up on-time and consistently for program (varies by site, usually 15 minutes before school dismissal).
- Maintain the confidentiality of all participating children, families and co-workers.
- Responsible for ensuring the following is accurately completed daily: attendance report, snack report, and parent sign-out.
- Responsible for site cell phone, IPAD, E-Readers, and laptops.
- Responsible for completing and submitting supply requests.
- Responsible for the care of all equipment the children use.
- Maintain professional relationship with the children, parents and co-workers.
- Complete general housekeeping to make sure the area is left clean for the next program/class.
- Treat all children, parents, co-workers and school district staff with dignity and respect.
- Attend all staff development trainings planned by company.
- Observe and record the behavior of individual children assigned to their care according to discipline and harassment policies.
- Report problematic behavior to the Associate Director.
- Meet on a monthly basis with other program site leads and staff.
- Other duties as requested by the Program/Education Coordinators and/or Associate Director.
- Education or certification around Early Childhood, Elementary Education, reading and/or special education preferred (must be able to create quality lesson plans).
- Experience working with low income populations preferred.
- Experience supervising or leading others.
- Ability to delegate and lead others.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skill.
- Candidates with Pediatric CPR/First Aid certification preferred.
- At least 2+ years of experience working with children. Experience working with groups of children preferred. (Ex: classrooms, daycare, camp, after school program, childcare, etc.)
- Ability to demonstrate effective and appropriate teaching and discipline styles.
- Ability to adjust teaching methods to meet the needs of students.
- Dependable, reliable work/volunteer history.
- Reliable transportation to and from program site.
- Reliable daily communication method – either phone or email.
- Able to commit to full program year.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer