Eide Bailly is one of the top 20 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 30 offices in 14 states across the Midwest and western United States, and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day in the life as a Payroll Specialist in Dubuque, IA may include the following:
- Process live or after-the-fact payroll for our clients and record payroll-related entries.
- Knowledge of the following is required:
- Payroll tax filing and reporting
- Garnishments and child support rules and calculations
- Taxes for multiple states
- Taxability of employee benefits
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Work closely with assigned outsourced accounting team to help ensure client success and timely delivery of services.
- May also include recording and overseeing client books, including:
- Bank and credit card account management -- record transactions, monthly reconciliation and entering of loan and line of credit activity.
- Revenue cycle management -- preparation of customer invoices, recording of payments and deposits, etc.
- Expense cycle management -- record and pay vendor invoices, record transactions, monthly reconciliations, etc.
- Monthly close processes, including month-end balancing and journal entries.
- Analysis of GL accounts.
- Other bookkeeping transactions as necessary.
Who You Are
- You have 2-5 years of experience in payroll (experience in bookkeeping is a plus!).
- You are proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office (Word and Excel). Experience with Apex HCM is a plus!
- You're comfortable and experienced with working in a paperless environment.
- You have strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- You enjoy working with a team and you have a positive attitude and willingness to learn new things and accept new challenges.
- You have a strong sense of urgency to handle a variety of projects and meet required deadlines, and you are able to deal with urgent and/or unexpected client matters that may arise.
- You are excited to learn about services our Firm offers and are willing to make client connections.
- You have a strong customer service mentality.
- In addition to all of this, you have an Associate's degree or a Bachelor's degree (Accounting or Business Administration preferred) or related work experience. Additionally, a CPP or FPC designation is a plus!
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.
What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or our About Us page.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|