Eide Bailly is one of the top 20 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 30 offices in 14 states across the Midwest and western United States, and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Do you love helping clients? Are you a little bit of a numbers nerd? Can you use that knowledge to help others without talking over their heads? Then we're looking for you! We are currently seeking a talented Accounting Specialist to start immediately in our Dubuque, IA office as part of our business outsourcing & strategy practice!
This position is accountable for the transactional and bookkeeping side of our clients. As an accounting specialist, you'll be responsible for providing services necessary for our clients, as directed by their assigned team lead. You'll be responsible for completing tasks within the expected timeframe and budget of each project.
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day in the life as an Accounting Specialist in Dubuque, IA may include the following:
- Ensure transactions are recorded in a timely fashion and that client books are up-to-date and problems are addressed.
- Provide financial reports for client use, including balance sheet, income statement, accounts receivable, accounts payable, etc.
- Work closely with assigned outsourced accounting team to help ensure client success and timely delivery of services.
- Record and oversee client books, including:
- Bank and credit card account management - record transactions, monthly reconciliation and entering of loan and line of credit activity.
- Revenue cycle management - preparation of customer invoices, recording of payments and deposits, etc.
- Expense cycle management - record and pay vendor invoices, record transactions, monthly reconciliations, etc.
- Monthly close processes, including month-end balancing and journal entries.
- Analysis of GL accounts.
- Other bookkeeping transactions as necessary.
- Customize client financial reporting to meet their needs and help them better manage their businesses.
- Cash management -- ensure accounts payable are paid and that accounts receivable are collected in a timely manner.
- Process live or after-the-fact payroll and record payroll related entries.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
We're looking for someone who has the knowledge to help our clients and prospects but also knows how to share that knowledge in an understandable way. We believe the true way people will learn is by understanding the financial journey of their business ... and we can't do that with jargon.
Who You Are
In the Accounting Specialist role, you will need excellent communication skills as well as the ability to effectively interact with all levels of client management and staff, other Eide Bailly personnel and other external business contacts. Further, you'll need an entrepreneurial spirit. What do we mean? We're growing this practice, so we need someone who can think on their feet, offer constructive feedback and take part in sharing knowledge across the Firm.
Some specific requirements include:
- You have a two- to four-year degree (accounting or business administration preferred) or related experience.
- You also have 2-5 years of experience in private/public accounting, business or bookkeeping (payroll experience is a plus!).
- You have strong technology skills ... in other words, are you tech savvy?
- You're comfortable and experienced with working in a paperless environment.
- You have strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- You enjoy working with a team and you have a positive attitude and willingness to learn new things and accept new challenges.
- You are a multi-tasking master with a strong attention to detail.
- You have a strong sense of urgency to handle a variety of projects and meet required deadlines, and you are able to deal with urgent and/or unexpected client matters that may arise.
- You are excited to learn about services our firm offers and are willing make client connections.
- You have a strong customer service mentality.
- You're fine with some travel when needed.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.
Eide Bailly LLP is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or our About Us page.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|