Director of Applied TechnologyGronen, Dubuque, IA
Director of Applied Technology
The primary role and responsibility of this position is to provide support, training, direction, and oversight on all technology systems utilized by Gronen entities and its clients. This includes general business IT systems as well as building automation, management, and security systems. By working with the teams within Gronen entities, the Director of Applied Technology will leverage existing and new software and hardware to help teams work more efficiently and effectively. This position will also assist executive management with making informed decisions on investments in technology-based infrastructure in new and existing buildings. Most importantly, the Director of Applied Technologies will document all IT systems, networks, and procedure for Gronen entities and clients to maximize business continuity during succession of this position and during system failures or disasters recovery.
The Director of Applied Technology will have the following responsibilities:
- Local IT Support:
- Provide desktop support to Gronen employees for day-to-day IT issues.
- Maintain current systems and acquire new systems as hardware needs arise or change.
- Maintain current physical IT infrastructure including data cabling, wireless internet access and internet provider installations and service agreements.
- Use of Microsoft Active Directory for managing user accounts.
- Management of host and virtual servers running Microsoft Server OS and Hyper-V.
- Manage Office365 applications and accounts.
- Train new and current users on best practices for IT systems utilized by Gronen entities.
- Compose IT budgets on an annual basis with both short term (expenses) and long term (replacement/reserve) needs.
- Escalate items to third party support (software vendors or consultants) when complex needs arise.
- Document all Gronen IT procedures and maintain master network and server documentation for all Gronen systems.
- Implement and manage backup plans for all Gronen and Gronen Client systems.
- Review all system reports and diagnostic logs to validate patching, backups, and security risks and concerns.
- IoT Support and integration:
- Assist with maintaining and implementing building automation systems including, but not limited to, HVAC management systems, electrical power metering, and lighting controllers.
- Assist with maintaining and implementing building security systems such as card access systems and video surveillance systems.
- Assist with basic physical IT infrastructure design and installation (internet service connection, server rack deigns, structured cable design and routing, etc.) in relation to building automation and security systems.
- Document procedures for the above listed IoT equipment, software, and infrastructure.
- Assist Gronen and Gronen clients with evaluation of IoT solutions and manage projects related to implementation and replacement of IoT systems.
A successful Director of Applied Technology will have the following qualifications:
- Three to five years’ experience in an IT support role working with local users and business class server systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows OS including Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019, Active Directory, and Group Policy.
- Experience maintaining and interacting with systems that rely on Microsoft SQL as a back-end data base.
- Use of Windows PowerShell, Command Line, and other tools to assist in scripting and automation.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure including Layer 3 switching architecture, enterprise firewalls, network cabling including copper and fiber cabling, and Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- Skills in network cabling and termination, IT equipment installation and device installation (such as Wireless Access Points and IP Cameras).
- Basic knowledge of building controls and automation systems, security systems, and IP camera systems with the desire and ability to learn more about these systems.
- Certifications in the IT industry such as A+, Network+, Security+ will be helpful in selecting a candidate.
- A formal degree such as an AAS or BS in Computer Science related fields will be helpful, but not required should the candidate have extensive knowledge and training in the field outside of a formal academic setting.
Beyond these formal qualifications, the following personal qualities will be expected of this position:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain technical solutions in an approachable way to both Gronen staff and Gronen clients.
- A team player who knows how to work well in a team-focused, collaborative environment.
- Teaching and training abilities and a general desire to be helpful and encouraging to co-workers who need assistance with technology and technology related skills.
- Good judgment in regard to best practice in data management, equipment management, and cyber security.
- A desire to be involved with facilities and construction management functions.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|