Production Aritst - Where Art School Meets Shop ClassMcCullough Creative, Dubuque, IA
Since its founding in 1981, McCullough Creative, Inc. has grown to become the leading creative design and graphic production firm utilizing the latest in equipment and technology. Employing a highly talented and innovative team of design, copy and, art production specialists, McCullough Creative has earned a reputation for quality, creativity, and service.
We specialize in the creation of marketing materials including sales literature, catalogs, direct mail, packaging, advertising, identity branding, trade show exhibits, and signage. Services include concept development, copywriting, design, art direction, illustration, fabrication, and project coordination.
McCullough Creative has an ongoing commitment to quality and service which is evidenced by the long standing relationships we've built with many of our customers.
The art students and shop-class kids may not have mixed in high school, but at McCullough Creative, that’s the exact hybrid we are all about. We are looking for a creative, hardworking individual with excellent hands-on skills to be our new Production Artist.
As a Production Artist, you’ll be a part of a team that challenges you creatively and provides you with opportunities to work on a variety of projects.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with your McCullough team to fully understand and develop the scope of projects that come through our shop.
- Apply your imagination, carpentry, and fabrication skills across multiple mediums, including exhibits, displays, and corporate environments.
- Construct and assemble finished products using tools, machines, and your own hands.
- Travel to regional and national clients to assist with and potentially lead installations.
- Create, assemble, and apply vinyl and graphic elements.
- Read and interpret CAD drawings, blueprints, shop drawings, and sketches.
- Prepare files for print, laser, and router.
- Help keep the Production environment clean and safe.
Who you are:
- You’re a skilled craftsperson who thinks quick on your feet and always thinks outside the box.
- You have a 2-year degree, 4-year degree, or fabrication experience that aligns with our company’s services. We value creative ability and a passion to succeed over formal education.
- You’ve got a few years of experience under your toolbelt and are looking for longevity with an established employer.
- You have basic math skills and you’re not afraid to use them.
- You have a strong interest in, and knowledge of, the carpentry and fabrication process and you appreciate the need for clever techniques and strong processes.
- You’re skilled using a variety of tools, such as drills, sanders, table saws, etc.
- You understand the importance of presenting a polished, professional image to our clients and vendors.
- You’re as handy with a hammer as you are with a computer and you have some experience with the Adobe Creative Suite.
This is a full-time position with an attractive compensation package and great benefits to boot.
The Fun Stuff:
- Opportunities to apply skills and experience with an established industry leader
- Employee book club (currently reading Elizabeth Gilbert)
- Growth opportunities and comprehensive career paths
- Meat days (just ask and we will tell you more)
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Family-friendly environment
- Creative collaboration
The Stuff Your Mom Will Like to Hear:
- Multiple health and dental insurance platforms
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Disability and life insurance
- Paid time off and holidays
- Generous 401(k) plan
If you’re interested in learning more about how your knowledge and experience could impact our organization and advance your career, email your cover letter, résumé, and six (6) samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org at McCullough Creative, Inc.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|