Central Sterilization Technician - Central Sterilization - Full Time - EveningsMercyOne, Dubuque, IA
Mercy Medical Center is a not for profit Catholic hospital serving the tri-state area of Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin since 1879. Mercy – Dubuque has 263 beds while Mercy – Dyersville is a critical access hospital with 25 beds and a 40-bed nursing home.
Mercy offers a full range of acute care services, including invasive cardiology and open-heart surgery, Level II trauma center, Level II regional neonatal intensive care unit, general and orthopaedic surgery, psychiatric services and inpatient physical rehabilitation. Mercy also operates two hospital-based skilled nursing units, extensive outpatient rehabilitation services, home health care, retail pharmacy and a wide range of outpatient, community and business services. Mercy’s 1,300 full- and part-time employees and medical staff of 230 care for more than 56,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
The hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and achieved Magnet designation, the gold standard of patient care, in 2004 and was redesignated a Magnet hospital in 2009.
Mercy Medical Center is a member of Mercy Health Network in Iowa and is a Ministry Organization of Trinity Health based in Novi, Michigan.
Mercy is an organization that values and encourages diversity. To learn more about Mercy and its opportunities for employment, please see the postings listed on this site or visit our website at www.mercydubuque.com.
Under limited supervision, cleans, assembles, and sterilizes equipment, supplies, and/or instruments. The age of the customer is young adult to older adult.
- Cleans and decontaminates patient use items by taking apart instruments, rinsing and soaking instruments and using washing/sterilizing equipment.
- Assembles, packages, and/or terminally sterilizes patient use items.
- Keeps required records such as biological testing records and unit checks for outdated packages.
- Performs required environmental and/or equipment maintenance procedures.
- High school education.
- One year previous sterilization experience preferred.
- Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training is required within 6 months of hire.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|