Catering InternEagle Ridge Resort & Spa, Galena, IL
This listing has expired
Located on 6,800 acres amid the rolling hills of northwestern Illinois, Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort complex, located just a few miles east of historic Galena. Recently honored by Travel + Leisure Golf as the Midwest’s "Best Golf Resort" and by Corporate & Incentive Travel magazine with the "Greens of Distinction" award, the property provides a superior golf experience, with 63 holes on four award winning courses.
Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, which provides a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor pool, sauna, hot tub and steam room. The property is also home to three distinctive restaurants, including Woodlands Restaurant, Woodstone Restaurant, and Paisanos. Recommended by outlets, including Conde Nast Traveler, Midwest Living, Better Homes & Gardens, and Wine Enthusiast, the property also provides the perfect setting to an incredible selection of outdoor activities, including miles of biking, hiking and horseback trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing, on the picturesque 220-acre Lake Galena.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Assists in working with clients and staff to ensure event goals and day of deadlines are met.
- Prevents, proactively, potential problems and takes on tasks as assigned by the Catering Managers.
- Assists in decor set up (examples, place cards, guest book table, chair ties & covers, etc.)
- Assists the Catering Managers in communicating event setup/teardown with the vendors.
- Notifies manager or supervisor of any problems or complaints as and when they arise.
- Assists in lining up of Bridal Party prior to Ceremony.
- Runs business errands within the Resort.
- Assists with flipping of banquet spaces between one event and another.
- Assists with cutting of Wedding Cake.
- Performs clerical duties including filing, preparing Wedding Planner Packets, copying & scanning.
- Assists in checking over banquet space after event.
- Prepares rental items for return.
- Strong verbal communication skills required.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to multi-task while under deadline pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized is a must.
- Ability to communicate with vendors, clients, and guests in a friendly and professional manor by conveying information effectively.
- Must be able to complete tasks and communicate requests in a professional and effective way in order to meet deadlines.
- Candidate will work to maintain an operating environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction.
- Must be a team player who is willing to assist with any task in order to complete the task.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
In the process of obtaining High school diploma or GED.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Illinois Food Handler Permit (can be obtained once hired)
Valid Driver’s License
Join the team at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa! We offer competitive wages, Resort perks and privileges including discounts on gasoline, meals, merchandise, lodging, & Spa treatments; complimentary golf, Pool/Fitness Center access and much more! Eagle Ridge is located within the scenic rolling hills of The Galena Territory, just a few miles east of historic Galena, Illinois.
For more information about our fabulous resort or to apply, go to http://www.eagleridge.com/employment-en.html to doenload and complete an application. Applications can be submitted by mail, fax, email or in person.
To be considered for the position, we require a completed application.
We look forward to helping you explore employment opportunities at Eagle Ridge!
This listing has expired
Food and Beverage
|Years of Experience||--|