Maintenance - CarpenterSouthwest Wisconsin Technical College, FENNIMORE, WI
This listing has expired
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, Fennimore, WI is committed to excellence in education. The College assists individuals to develop employment skills, a lifelong commitment to learning, and a respect for diversity. Programs and services meet the changing needs of business, industry, and society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Maintain buildings and grounds on all Southwest Tech facilities
- Repair, refinish, paint, build, wood framework, doors, windows, paneling, furniture, signage, plaster surfaces, etc
- Assist with snow removal
- Move and assemble furniture
- Assist other trades employees on project work
- Install and maintain a variety of flooring and ceiling materials
- Perform minor roof repairs
- Assists staff, students, and outside groups as requested for directions and /or safety or security concerns
- Performs other related duties
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree in related area and 3 years of carpentry experience OR a minimum 8 years work carpentry experience
- Valid Driver License required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based, quality environment
- Must be service minded, adaptable and self-motivate
- Basic carpentry techniques
- Knowledge of State of Wisconsin building codes
- Knowledge of the use of a variety of power and hand tools
- Ability to read, comprehend, and translate blueprints
- Safe work procedures
- Operation of snow removal equipment and vehicles
- Basic understanding of MSDS sheets
- General computer skills
- Comfortable with working independently or on a team
- Using custodial equipment such as vacuums and buffers
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information
Position requires stooping, reaching, standing, walking, pushing and pulling and lifting up to 75 pounds unassisted and carry for distance of 50 feet frequently.
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at www.swtc.edu/jobsatswtc.
For questions regarding the application process please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.822.2314.
If you need an accommodation, call 608.822.2632 (tdd: 608.822.2072) or email email@example.com.
WAGE BAND: A13 - Hourly Range: $16.77 - $20.12
Our comprehensive benefit package includes the following and much more:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Health Savings Account
- Health Club Access
- Wisconsin Retirement System Contribution
- On-campus day care (hourly rate charge)
The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.
This listing has expired
Building and Grounds
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|