Cartegraph is in the business of building high-performance government.
Cities and Counties. Public Works and Parks. Water, Wastewater, and More.
Our team is devoted to working with people in government operations who are committed to being more effective, more efficient, and more productive for the benefit of their citizens. We design, build, and sell software that allows these organizations to capture valuable infrastructure data, analyze it, and prepare for the future. Bottom line: We are changing the way local government does business – and you’re a critical component to making that happen!
For more information about our company, please visit our website at http://www.cartegraph.com.
Cartegraph is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUR JOB SUMMARY
As our Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will be responsible for all aspects of the customer invoicing and collections process, in addition to assisting the Accounting team with General Ledger Revenue activities. You will be responsible for generating clear and accurate invoices in a timely manner and serve as the point of contact for customer billing inquiries and will contact customers, as appropriate, regarding overdue balances. To be successful in this role you must possess a strong sense of customer service in addition to strong attention to detail. Ability to learn and improve upon existing processes using technology that is currently in place will also be important.
THE PROJECTS AND WORK YOU WILL DO
- Initiate subscription invoicing process by managing customer lists and invoices through FinancialForce accounting Software.
- Processes credit card payments/credits in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provides customers with any documentation needed to facilitate payment.
- Responds in a timely and accurate manner to all requests/inquiries regarding invoice status, payment status, and other questions related to accounts receivable items.
- Prepares vouchers and special forms as requested/required by clients.
- Along with other Accounting staff, maintains and keeps up-to-date all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable files.
- Maintain AR aging schedule and provide weekly and monthly updates on cash collections compared to billings.
- Post cash collected to customer accounts in FinancialForce accounting software.
- Review accounts for rate escalations and new service purchases to ensure invoice accuracy.
- Continually evaluate the billing process to simplify and streamline wherever possible.
- Process expense reports through Concur Solutions.
- Input vendor payable documents.
- Verify vendor invoices with the appropriate approving manager.
- Attends meetings as scheduled.
- Performs any directly related appropriate duties assigned by manager.
- Stays current with technology and works toward continuous quality improvement.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate from a recognized issuing agency required.
- At least two years of post-high school education in accounting/bookkeeping OR 3 years of relevant accounting/bookkeeping work experience required.
- Must be proficient with MS Office products, and have intermediate MS Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Proficiency in a computerized accounting system required. Experience with FinancialForce accounting software is a plus.
- A high level of organizational skills and attention to details are required, along with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks in order to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure, changing priorities, and work extra hours if needed.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints needed.
- Positive attitude toward co-workers – enjoys helping others.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills required, along with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with individuals and teams from other departments/divisions.
- Remains opens to other’s ideas and exhibits a willingness to try new things.
- Highest degree of confidentiality expected.
- Possession of tact, integrity, and common sense and commitment to company values and culture required.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||--|