Hirschbach Motor Lines is a refrigerated carrier established in 1935. Proudly family owned, Hirschbach's refrigerated fleet is among the newest, most fuel efficient, and environmentally friendly in the trucking industry. We specialize in delivering fresh and frozen products across the United States along with offering experience in handling dry goods. Hirschbach is a company built on strong relationships with our family of customers, drivers, employees, vendors, and partner carries. We welcome you to join our family!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves tractor and occasional trailer related problems.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of necessary company paperwork repair orders, indirect labor forms, etc.
- Performs preventive maintenance (PM’s) on tractor and trailer equipment as assigned.
- Properly categorize repairs (i.e. Preventative Maintenance, Component Failure, Abuse, and Accident, according to current company standards.)
- Accurately record parts and supplies used in performing repairs, which may include scanning bar codes of parts, and recording consumable supplies.
- Accurately record repair stories in order to properly document complaints, causes and corrections of component failures, and enable the company to recover warrantable expenses.
- Position includes bending, lifting (up to 100 pounds), climbing, as it relates to maintenance of Class 8 equipment.
- Assist other mechanics as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent in education.
- Two years’ experience in Fleet Maintenance, or Technical School Degree is preferred.
- Previous experience with the repair, maintenance, and diagnosis of Class 8 equipment not limited to general driver repair requests, warranty repair requests, on-board vehicle electronics, etc.
- Previous experience with general welding skills in non-standard situations and on varying materials.
- Valid Driver's License
- Basic computer skills as it applies to diagnostic tooling.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
East Dbq, IL
Skilled Labor Trades
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|