Maintenance Technician - 1st Shift, $1,000 Sign-On Bonus!!Andersen Windows & Doors, Dubuque, IA
Andersen Windows, Inc. is a part of Andersen Corporation; the largest window and door manufacturer in North America. The flagship Andersen® brand is the most recognized and most used brand in the window and patio door industry. In addition to the Andersen brand, Andersen Corporation includes Renewal by Andersen window replacement, Silver Line, and American Craftsman brand windows and doors sold exclusively at The Home Depot. Andersen was founded in 1903 and is privately owned. The company is known for its strong history of commitment to its business partners, employees, community and environmental stewardship. Andersen employs 9,000 people and markets products throughout North America and in South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
- Troubleshoot and repair all mechanical functions, mechanical drive units, industrial hydraulics and pneumatic powers, plumbing
architectures, AC and DC circuits, electrical sensors and switches, motor controls and servo controllers, safety circuits which include
E-stops, light curtains, floor mats, safety relays and safety switches.
- Use appropriate tools to replace components, make adjustments and calibrate machinery, to resolve issues and restore equipment
to operating condition quickly and efficiently.
- Understand and participate in TPM initiatives, also assist in the deployment of TPM objectives
- Understanding and performing preventive maintenance on all machinery, getting these done in a timely fashion, and document
- Proficient at reading electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and prints.
- Evaluate equipment for any repairs, enhancements, or upgrades and complete work as needed.
- Perform and understand plumbing, and basic carpentry.
- Perform welding and painting tasks.
- Assure that all equipment is guarded.
- Follow all lockout tagout procedures.
- Work in a safe manner and follow all safety polices.
- Participate in and sustain 5S activities.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and spare parts.
- Working with departments on (CIP) Continuous Improvement projects.
- Assist with hazardous waste management.
- Perform furniture and equipment moves when needed.
- Good working knowledge of HVAC systems.
- Working knowledge of electrical test equipment to measure current voltage and resistance. Understand Hipot and Meggar meters.
- Working knowledge and be able to repair pneumatic drills, screw guns, routers and saw motors.
- Perform fabrication and installation of fixturing, guarding and any machine parts needed; this includes some of the following:
design, layout, sheet metal work, welding, machine shop work, carpentry and painting.
- Work with engineering to implement design changes of equipment, jigs and fixturing for enhancement upgrades or replacements.
- Working knowledge and being able to troubleshoot all mechanical functions, mechanical drives units, industrial hydraulics and
pneumatic powers, AC and DC circuits, electrical sensors and switches, motor and controls and servo system controllers, safety
circuits, light curtains, safety relays and safety switches.
- Work with engineering to implement design changes of equipment, jigs, and fixturing for enhancement, upgrades or replacements.
- Work with IT Department for production equipment that is being implemented.
- Work with engineering on new plant layouts/ moving of equipment, and additions of equipment.
- Work with external contractors as needed, in both production and other related areas of the plant.
- Additional duties as assigned.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Skilled Labor Trades
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|