SOCIAL SCIENCE ADJUNCT INSTRUCTORSouthwest Wisconsin Technical College, FENNIMORE, WI
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, Fennimore, WI is committed to excellence in education. The College assists individuals to develop employment skills, a lifelong commitment to learning, and a respect for diversity. Programs and services meet the changing needs of business, industry, and society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Teach Psychology, Sociology, Ethics, and related courses to students enrolled in Southwest Tech programs in an online and/or face to face format
- Prepares for assigned classes, including: developing course syllabi; organizing and maintaining classroom(s) to facilitate learning; and promote optimum student success
- Promote continuous quality improvement of curriculum and program operations to increase program effectiveness
- Work cooperatively with current Southwest Tech staff & a variety of business customers to customize training
- Continuously evaluate student progress providing informative and summative feedback through formal and informal means
- Maintains knowledge of current industry trends by attending conferences, joining professional organizations, and performing related tasks
- Assist with recruitment and retention of students
- Performs institutional requirements, including: participating in events and meetings as required; orienting new instructors; and planning events to assist in advertising the College
- Developing and managing a program budget to purchase and maintain supplies
- Provide applications based learning activities that accommodate a variety of learning styles
- Other duties as assigned
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Master’s Degree (with a minimum of 18 credits) in Sociology and/or Psychology
- A minimum of one year as a post-secondary classroom instructor preferred
- Thorough knowledge of current sociology and psychology skills and practices used in business and industry
- Ability to work within a team setting and implement jointly developed curriculum
- Ability to generate, organize, and implement course outlines and lesson plans to meet specific needs of students representing diverse occupations and backgrounds
- Knowledge of techniques for teaching with computers and word processing software
- Thorough understanding of applied academics and integrated curricula
- Experience with online education and other alternative delivery methods preferred
- Knowledge and application of modern computer software and hardware: MS Office Suite, email, and internet experience
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at www.swtc.edu/jobsatswtc
For questions regarding the application process please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.822.2314.
If you need an accommodation, call 608.822.2632 (tdd: 608.822.2072) or email email@example.com
WAGE BAND: Masters Salary Range: $43,263 - $52,720
The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|