Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, Fennimore, WI is committed to excellence in education. The College assists individuals to develop employment skills, a lifelong commitment to learning, and a respect for diversity. Programs and services meet the changing needs of business, industry, and society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Evaluates and monitors early childhood students at the center to ensure acceptable behavior, order, and safety during activities
- Provides work guidance to child care assistants and student workers
- Conducts activities for children, to foster their physical and developmental needs; duties may involve selecting age-appropriate activities, providing guidance, and other nurturing activities
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records related to operational and/or client/childcare activities to ensure licensing requirements are met and to increase operational efficiency; duties may include, but are not limited to, preparing and maintaining student forms, preparing weekly bills, and coordinating with parents
- Other duties as assigned
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in child care or related area is required.
- Management experience is preferred.
- The following trainings/licenses are required:
- Foundations to Early Childhood class
- CPR & First Aid Training
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome & Shaken Baby Training
- Child Abuse and Neglect Training
- Additional required trainings/licenses which can be obtained after hire:
- Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standard Training
- Registry of Wisconsin Certificate
- SEFEL Training
- Infant/Toddler Credentials
- Bloodborne Pathogens Training
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based, quality environment
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office, email, and internet
- Child development principles and practices
- Early childhood education principles and practices
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Concepts related to Early Childhood Education
- Language Development concepts and best practices
- Young Star and/or NAEYC accreditation requirements
- Cleaning and sanitation methods
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes
- Billing principles.
- Providing work guidance
- Monitoring children in a child care setting
- Observing facilities for potential safety hazards
- Cleaning and sanitizing rooms, furniture, and toys
- Applying first aid
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at www.swtc.edu/jobsatswtc
For questions regarding the application process please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.822.2314.
If you need an accommodation, call 608.822.2632 (tdd: 608.822.2072) or email email@example.com
WAGE BAND: B21 - Hourly Range: $17.15 - $22.30
Our comprehensive benefit package includes the following and much more:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Health Savings Account
- Health Club Access
- Wisconsin Retirement System Contribution
- On-campus day care (hourly rate charge)
The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|