GRAPHIC & WEB DESIGN INSTRUCTOR / MARKETING SPECIALISTSouthwest Wisconsin Technical College, FENNIMORE, WI
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, Fennimore, WI is committed to excellence in education. The College assists individuals to develop employment skills, a lifelong commitment to learning, and a respect for diversity. Programs and services meet the changing needs of business, industry, and society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Provide instruction to students enrolled in the Graphic and Web Design program in the following courses: Design Fundamentals, Portfolio Introduction, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Color Theory, Typography,
Freelancing for Creatives, Pre-Press Management, Graphic and Web Design Projects, Digital Photography
- Prepares for assigned classes, including: developing course syllabi, writing curriculum, organizing and setting up classrooms to facilitate learning and performing related tasks
- Design, facilitate, and revise activities that promote optimum student success and learning.
- Promote continuous quality improvement of curriculum and program operations to increase program effectiveness
- Provide secondary support and resources for internal service departments, such as foundation, career services, business and industry, and institutional advancement.
- In collaboration with the web developer, manage web site content and navigation to maximize stakeholder interaction and use including finding, diagnosing, and fixing web content problems, broken links, errors, formatting inconsistencies, and managing access
- Work with developers and users to develop highly functional user interfaces for web pages including search engine optimization
- Produces photography and film clips for marketing assets and/or campus events and features
- Designs print materials, such as, ads, brochures, and posters, for College marketing and other communication programs
- Take responsibility for projects from content development through delivery
- Monitors project quality and process related to assigned print and web projects
- Designs, implements, tests, and reviews web-based systems/enhancements and implements content strategies; duties could include analyzing objectives based on market or user experience requirements, analyzing user paths, enhancing search engine optimizations, ensuring that the system complies with ADA requirements, and considering technical options for system implementation/enhancement
- Tests enhancements and site updates to detect user device issues; ADA compliance; determine general user experience; and determine which files, database structures, and data need to be moved from test to production
- Performs related tasks, including: Assist with the conceptualization and development of advertising campaigns; resize designs for multiple platforms; request and compare quotes and secure bids from vendors; write and edit copy, especially for Search Engine Optimization/Marketing; and perform standard troubleshooting procedures to resolve design issues
- Supervise student workers in duties such as processing invoices, updating databases, performing mailings, formatting and distributing bulk press releases, environmental media scanning.
- Responsible for recruitment and retention of students
- Developing and managing a program budget to purchase and maintain supplies.
- Provide applications based learning activities that accommodate a variety of learning styles
- Follow all safety and security policies and procedures of the college
- Other duties as assigned
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Two-year Associates degree or Technical Diploma in the graphic and web design industry plus a minimum of 5.5 years of related graphic and web design experience
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 2 years of experience in the graphic and web design preferred
- Technology and related software applications (InDesign; Word Press; Photoshop; Adobe Creative Cloud) experience
- Must earn Wisconsin Technical College System instruction credential within three years of starting the position
- Experience with graphic design principles, image/video manipulation techniques, print services and processes, photographic equipment and tools and applicable computer programming languages
- Applying and explaining related applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies, and/or procedures
- Strong project management skills and the ability to multi-task with multiple projects at once
- Ability to work independently and creatively in the preparation of materials including layout and design of documents, reports, charts, and graphical material
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public and to maintain effective working relationships with team members
- Work non-regular hours for marketing and promotional events
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interactions with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based, quality environment and provide exceptional customer service
- Must be service minded, adaptable and self-motivated
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at www.swtc.edu/jobsatswtc
For questions regarding the application process please email Human Resources at email@example.com or 608.822.2314.
Bachelors: $48,304 - $76,805 ($23.22 - $36.93)
Our comprehensive benefit package includes the following and much more:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Health Savings Account
- Health Club Access
- Wisconsin Retirement System Contribution
- On-campus day care (hourly rate charged)
The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates selected for an interview will prepare a 10-minute classroom teaching demonstration. Information regarding this teaching demonstration will follow.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Graphic Design/Social Media
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|