Loras College was founded in 1839 by the Most Rev. Mathias Loras, first Bishop of Dubuque, who established St. Raphael Seminary to educate young men for the priesthood, but with the expressed intention also of providing an opportunity for higher education to the citizens of the area. The college has functioned under several names (St. Raphael Seminary, Mt. St. Bernard, St. Joseph College, Dubuque College and Columbia College), finally adopting its present name during its centennial in 1939.
Loras is a Catholic liberal arts college dedicated to the total development of the student. Small enough to be personal, large enough to offer a wide variety of quality academic programs, Loras College recognizes the human dignity of each individual and challenges men and women to grow with purpose and direction. Relating the rich liberal arts tradition to a changing world, Loras strives to develop active learners, reflective thinkers, ethical decision makers and responsible contributors in their diverse professional, social, and religious roles. The College has an enrollment of approximately 1,600 students and employs over 375 faculty and staff members. Although employee turnover is low, interesting and challenging employment opportunities do exist in a variety of technical and professional career fields. More employment information is available at the Loras College employment opportunities webpage: https://loras.applicantpool.com/jobs/.
Full-Time Position. Evenings and weekends when necessary.
Under the direction of the Associate Dean of Students, offers out-of-classroom learning experiences for Loras College students in order to develop a vibrant and inclusive campus experience by providing leadership, involvement, and educational programs and opportunities for students from the point of entry the first year through graduation
- Advises the College Activities Board that schedules weekly programming and activities for the student population.
- Assists with retention efforts of the Student Life Office
- Coordinates development of Student Life website and brochures.
- Manage Life@Loras App including creating content, promoting the app, and managing notifications.
- Oversees Fraternity and Sorority life on campus.
- Support the mission and vision of the college and respects the College's Catholic tradition.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Loyal - The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Training - Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Experience: Experience in student affairs or a related field.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|