Headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa, Westmark Enterprises specializes in real estate development in Iowa, Florida and North Carolina. In addition, Westmark also provides support for related companies, including Kendall Hunt Publishing Company, Great River Learning and Fourge Social.
With approximately 50 employees in Dubuque, Westmark provides career opportunities in accounting and finance, information technology, human resources, and telecommunications.
For more information, visit Westmark at
We are looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Controller. In this position you will manage all aspects of accounting; financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, AP, AR, budgeting, tax compliance, inventory accounting, revenue recognition, royalty expense and disbursements and various special analyses.
Who We Are
Westmark Enterprises is a support organization headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa that provides support functions such as finance and accounting for numerous affiliated companies, including Kendall Hunt Publishing, Westmark Development, Great River Learning, RCL Benziger, Fourge Social and all of their respective customers. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.westmarkenterprises.com.
Responsibilities of the Controller
- Oversees and directs accounting staff activities, hiring, training, and performs evaluations
- Designs an organizational structure adequate for achieving the goals and objectives of the Accounting Department
- Provide direction and oversight of internal controls throughout the organization as they relate to financial reporting and security of company assets
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Performs review and analysis of various general ledger accounts; provides information and input to management regarding company results and trends; prepares various analytics for management
- Responsible for oversight of timeline and reporting requirements of financial and tax audits
- Responsible for budget cycles including: maintenance of budget software, preparing budget timelines, insure that reports are adequate to meeting management needs to evaluate the budget and historical trends and projections
Qualified candidates should have a Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training. Strong verbal and written communication skills; proven critical thinking, problem solving and organizational skills, effective presentation and negotiation skills; and strategic planning skills.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, submit resume and salary requirements.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|