Dispatcher in the Safety and Security DepartmentUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University that is seeking a Dispatcher in the Safety and Security Department. The University of Dubuque offers a competitive wage and an excellent benefits package including a tuition remission policy, paid holidays, sick time, 4 weeks of vacation, as well as contributes to retirement and life insurance.
- Answer emergency and non-emergency calls and document important information
- Respond to any issues and follow-up by coordinating with the appropriate departments or officers
- Operate and manage a multi-line telephone system
- Use the radio, phone, or computer to direct officers to the appropriate sites
- Prioritize and organize calls according to urgency
- Maintain and update call logs, call records and other important documentation
- Update requests for access from various departments through the controlled access program
- Fill-in as a security officer including foot patrol
- Any other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail orientated and accurate
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Quick decision making skills
- Prior experience working with phone systems, computers, surveillance cameras, and portable radios
- Ability to walk and climb stairs for foot patrol
- Knowledge of basic security and fire inspection procedures is preferred
This is a 1st shift positon from 7am-3pm Friday-Tuesday.
To apply with a growing University for the Dispatcher position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
Applications from qualified persons with diverse backgrounds and cultures, including women and persons of color, are welcomed. AA/EOE
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Mail:||2000 University Ave|
Dubuque, IA 52001-5099
|Apply by Email:||HR@dbq.edu|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|