Preservation ArchitectGronen, Dubuque, IA
Gronen has an exciting opening for a driven preservation architect seeking their next challenge. Gronen specializes in historic rehabilitation projects seldom approached by other developers. Adaptive re-use of classic but neglected buildings has been a top priority for us as we invest in neighborhoods and a community’s sense of place. This position will expand the knowledge and career of the chosen candidate as Gronen continues its growth of development and construction services.
This crucial role will work with our in-house design team to provide support to project developers on a variety of project types; including, but not limited to industrial, hospitality, mixed-use, multi-family, planning and economic development consulting, etc. Under the direction of the Project Manager or Project Architect, candidate will create project conceptual design, presentation drawings, renderings and construction drawings, as well as data collection, analysis, and policy research, and then draft plans, reports and easements based on research analysis.
More About Gronen
Gronen, anchored in Dubuque, IA, has played a significant role in the revitalization of downtown Dubuque through its rehabilitation, construction, and property & facility management services. Established in 1999, Gronen has completed development projects totaling costs in excess of $150,000,000 and has grown to manage over 1 million square feet of mixed-use property in Dubuque’s urban core. These projects have brought new life into the urban areas they inhabit, creating long needed residential opportunities, historic store fronts filled with eating establishments, retail and office space, as well as providing space for non-profit organizations that serve the downtown community. All have been truly catalytic for Dubuque’s urban core.
- Condition assessments of building enclosures, facades, building interiors, and barriers to accessibility.
- Report findings and recommendations of assessments.
- Analyze facilities and help develop a long-term plan for building owners.
- Develop repair details and construction documents for building restoration projects.
- Assemble architectural design, bid specifications, scope of work, etc. for adaptive reuse and rehabilitation projects.
- Construction Administration for historical projects along with coordination and implementation of building commissioning.
- Archival Research and writing for national register nominations, historic structures reports, preservation plans and HABS documentation.
- Measured drawings of existing conditions for base architectural plans and for HABS documentation.
- Corporate marketing information and prepare proposal responses.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to communicate with clients, consultants, contractors and co-workers effectively and professionally, graphically, verbally and in written documents.
- Self-starter, as well as a flexible, collaborative team player, willing to take on assignments, including those for non-historic projects.
- Knowledge of preservation techniques, standards and policies
- Knowledge of historic construction techniques and styles
- Knowledge of material repair and restoration techniques
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ideally, current AutoCAD and Revit programs
- Basic graphic presentation skills for preparation of reports and marketing materials
- Creative writing skills for the preparation of historic reports and marketing materials.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|