Weekend Maintenance TechnicianNational Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium is owned and operated by the Dubuque County Historical Society, which also operates the Mathias Ham Historic Site. The River Museum and Mathias Ham Historic Site together see over 200,000 visitors and manage outreach programs that serve over 50,000 more. Part aquarium, part museum, part science center, it is the mission of the institution to inspire stewardship by creating educational experiences where history and rivers come alive. The organization employees more than 90 full- and part-time employees.
The Dubuque County Historical Society (DCHS) seeks a professional responsible for performing a variety of work in the general maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, equipment, and grounds including the National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium (NMRMA) and the Mathias Ham Historic Site (MHHS). Primary responsibilities will include a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, masonry, painting, and grounds maintenance. This position requires any combination of education, training, and experience, which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including related work experience in one or more of the building trades.
The Dubuque County Historical Society is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the museum field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
- Plumbing: Identifies and performs basic repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks; opens clogged lines and drains; replaces seals and other minor parts; maintains drinking fountains.
- Painting: applies and prepares various surfaces for paint, enamel, lacquer, varnish, or stain; removes or paints over graffiti; repairs wall coverings.
- Grounds Maintenance: Maintains grounds in clean, safe, and orderly manner including mowing, trimming, weeding, aerating, minor pest management; cleans debris from grounds, pathways, and parking lots; maintains grounds maintenance equipment.
- Assist with the set up and tear down of events/rental.
- A combination of education, training, and experience, which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including related work experience in one or more of the building trades.
- Possesses or is able to acquire safety certifications such as first aid, CPR, AED, small watercraft safety, etc.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and reliable transportation.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with and communicate effectively with all people in a positive and productive manner, even in stressful situations.
- Final candidates will be subject to a background check.
- Extended periods of standing, kneeling, bending, climbing, and heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Keep all areas clean, organized and hazard free, report maintenance needs, and perform minor maintenance tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
How To Apply
To learn more, visit www.rivermuseum.com/apply. Apply by emailing your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply in person at 350 E. Third St, Dubuque, IA 52001.