Marketing/Communication SpecialistMaquoketa Valley Electric Cooperative, Anamosa, IA
This listing has expired
Are you the person to help us get the word out? Maquoketa Valley Electric Cooperative in Anamosa, IA, is searching for a Marketing/Communication Specialist who is responsible for creative oversight and strategic planning of the Cooperative’s marketing goals.
Working within our Public Relations department, the Marketing/Communication Specialist uses company assets and media channels to market Cooperative services and to keep our employees, members and the public informed about the Cooperative. The Marketing/Communication Specialist is also responsible for the creation of member newsletters and e-newsletters, and manages the content of the Cooperative’s website and social media platforms.
Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or related field, or equivalent experience is required.
- Evaluate, analyze and recommend public relations and marketing programs to Director of Public Relations
- Plan, coordinate and direct activities for various marketing campaigns, including promotion of MVEC’s internet/Volp services and energy efficiency programs and incentives
- Develop copy for newsletters, press releases, radio, newspaper and other advertising mediums
- Develop and maintain websites, ensuring they are up to date and relevant and also evaluate their performance analytics
- Develop, launch and maintain digital marketing campaigns to promote the Cooperative’s services
- Create monthly newsletters, including writing and proof-reading articles, designing layout and incorporating photography and graphics
- Develop consistent design and messaging of all internal and external communications, including forms, brochures, e-blasts, newsletters, website, social media, and event displays
- Update and monitor Cooperative’s social media content. Post updates and inform membership of Cooperative’s activities and services
Maquoketa Valley Electric Cooperative has served the electric needs of our membership in Eastern Iowa for over 80 years. We are currently in the third year of a Smart Grid project, which is supplying high-speed internet to our service area as well. Communication has never been more important, and that means marketing to our members and other potential customers by letting them know how Maquoketa Valley Electric Cooperative can supply them with the electric and internet services the future demands.
As a member of both the state and national electric cooperative organizations, Maquoketa Valley can offer you the marketing and training resources of both organizations.
Our very competitive benefit package offers:
- Company-paid health, life and vision insurance
- Company-paid pension and 401(k) retirement plans.
- FSA or HSA
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
- Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
For a complete job description and application visit:
E-mail resume to:
Or mail to:
109 N Huber Street
Anamosa, IA 52205