Credit SpecialistFlexsteel Industries Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
- Post all incoming payments to correct accounts and prepare daily bank deposit.
- Prepare and research requests for credit memos and adjustments.
- Prepare and send required proforma invoices for cash in advance customers.
- Research and resolve customer charge backs, shortages, overpayments, disputes, etc. Respond to customer inquiries and coordinate customer communications with appropriate credit manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conforms to the dress code, the workspace, and the building guidelines, as well as all other company policies.
- Post incoming payments from treasury administrator.
- Perform functions for credit and accounts receivable, including preparation of documents for commercial cash in advance customers, proforma invoicing, trade references, customer correspondence, dealer maintenance and scanning.
- Understand the rudiments of the credit function to be able to research and complete order quantity changes, complete terms changes and field credit calls, if needed.
- Work with major and key accounts as assigned to research and resolve shortages, overpayments, deductions, etc.
- Post initial entry and provide initial approval of credit memos and adjustments.
- Special projects as assigned requiring use of excel spreadsheets and working in a team/group setting.
- Meeting deadlines to ensure responsive, timely and beneficial information is shared with customer, sales rep and team members as required.
- Acts as backup to others in the department including:
A. Daily balancing.
B. New account set up.
C. Floor plan and promissory note preparation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Two-year accounting degree or equivalent experience in accounts receivables or accounting work.
- Excellent 10-key/data entry skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel and Word.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with accuracy and attention to detail in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 2 weeks of vacation (prorated at start date)
- Additional time off for sick or personal reasons as needed.
- 9 paid federal holidays and one floating holiday
- Section 125 Medical Flex/Dependent Care Reimbursement program.
- Employee discounts with select cell phone carriers.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- Robust 401(K) with up to 5% matching and counseling services available.
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Employee Assistance Plan which includes guidance from plan administrators.
Other reasons you may want to consider Flexsteel:
- Associate discounts on furniture… yep, you heard that right!
- Free coffee whenever you need it.
- Free covered parking.
- We are a fun collaborative environment where people matter.
- Opportunity to grow your career with the 8th largest manufacturer of furniture in the U.S.
- Casual and flexible work environment.
- We are grounded in purpose: From the Flexsteel family to yours…we’re committed to creating comfort where your life happens.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities.
EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|