HCBS Coordinator- EdgewoodImagine the Possibilites, Inc., Guttenberg, IA Edgewood, IA
This listing has expired
Essential Job Functions
• Report issues of concern to the Regional HCBS Director or designee. Offer ideas and suggestions for resolution of concerns. Use appropriate methods and channels of communication.
• Coordinate and oversee staffing:
• Schedule HCBS/Habilitation staff effectively. Ensure staffing patterns are in line with revenues received for services.
• Monitor scheduled overtime hours and actively seek ways to minimize these hours.
• Hire HCBS Direct Support staff.
• Provide orientation and ongoing training for staff with an emphasis in basic waiver concepts. Ensure timely documentation of new staff training/orientation.
• Supervise personnel:
• Schedule and notify staff of required agency trainings.
• Conduct regular staff meetings and provide documentation of information covered.
• Ensure the HCBS philosophy for service delivery is followed and that quality services are provided.
• Complete relevant timely documentation of promotions, meetings, disciplines, etc. of Direct Support staff.
• Perform evaluations for Direct Support staff within one month of the due date.
• Comply with all applicable policies, practices, and laws, and with the rules provided by any governing bodies, such as Department of Human Services (DHS) and HCBS rules.
• Coordinate HCBS services and resolve any discrepancies:
• Communicate with families, case managers, and individuals served regarding the rules as they apply to services.
• Schedule and facilitate individuals' ISP's, including completion of POP and a summary of progress from the previous year.
• Schedule and facilitate individual service provision. Ensure that services provided are based on the individual plan and within the rules of the service being provided.
• Ensure individual plans and services provide for the safety of the individual with the least amount of intrusion as possible while enhancing the individual's abilities to exercise choice, take risks, make decisions, fully participate in society. Be an active advocate for individuals receiving services to have greater control of their lives.
• Write support goals based on the ISP, ensuring goals are specific, correct, and current. Complete personal outcome plan within 21 calendar days of receipt of the case manager's plan. Disseminate to POP to IDT (interdisciplinary team) members and other approved by the individual upon completion.
• Ensure necessary ongoing supports are identified for each person served.
• Communicate with individuals served, guardians, and case managers in a timely manner regarding changes in service provision, limitations of rights, or other concerns regarding the individual.
• Ensure consistency of services for individuals served by working cooperatively, with necessary releases, with other program areas or service providers (i.e. vocational services, home health, Day Habilitation Coordinator, nursing services, case management, etc).
• Documentation responsibilities:
• Review incident/accident reports and behavior incident reports of persons served and document appropriate follow-up. Seek out the root cause of incidents and provide follow-up to decrease the likelihood of reoccurrence.
• Review service documentation on an ongoing basis to ensure documentation requirements are satisfied.
• Submit billable units in a timely manner each month and ensure that appropriate service documentation exists to support units billed. Ensure units provided do not exceed units approved.
• Rotate on-call duties as needed. Ensure pertinent information regarding individuals served is shared with on-call supervisors as needed. Ensure that Imagine, Inc. on-call procedures are followed.
• Other job duties as assigned.
Imagine Team Expectations: Maintain confidentiality. Promote the dignity of others by protecting individuals served, co-workers, and agency privacy.Use professional ethics in carrying out job duties.Ensure health, safety, and welfare of individuals served.Look for and suggest ways to continually improve our services. Report to work on time and as scheduled. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential element of this position. Patterns of absences or tardiness are not acceptable.Portray a positive image of Imagine the Possibilities, Inc. when representing the agency.Ensure all Imagine the Possibilities, Inc. policies and procedures are followed, including the Compliance and Integrity Program and Safety.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and in the community. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• May require lifting at times, up to 35 pounds. Lifting more than 35 pounds requires the use of a two-person lift, mechanical lift, or assistive equipment.
• May require prolonged sitting and working at a computer for up to eight hours.
• May require frequent bending, stooping, and stretching.
• May require prolonged standing for up to eight hours. • Must wear hearing and eye protection in required areas.
• Must have ability to see objects/persons at a distance.
• Must have ability to see close work such as typed or handwritten material.
• Must have ability to hear conversations in a quiet and a noisy environment.
• Must have ability to determine where a sound is coming from.
• Must have ability to hear differences among bells, buzzers, beeps, horns, etc.
• Must have ability to communicate through speech. Travel: Frequent travel is expected for this position. Preferred Education And Experience
• Two years' experience or education in related field.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• BA degree preferred.
• Supervisory and leadership skills/experience required.
Basic computer skills including MS Word.
• Background checks with previous employers, references, law enforcement agencies, and others will be conducted and found satisfactory.
• Valid driver's license and driver's record deemed acceptable by Imagine the Possibilities, Inc.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|