ISM/IPC AnalystIBM, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
With over 300,000 employees in more than 170 countries, IBM makes some of the world's most advanced information technologies, including computer systems, software, networking systems, storage devices and microelectronics. Equally impressive is our worldwide network of IBM solutions and services professionals who translate these advanced technologies into business value for IBM customers.
Our goal is not merely to capture our share of the significant e-business, but also to have a lasting effect on the world. IBM is at the center of the new Cognitive Era. It's fueling our growth and inspiring our people in ways not seen in our generation. It is no wonder IBM is the leader in e-business worldwide and is recognized as one of the world's most highly respected companies.
IBM’s global reach, industry experience and services capability differentiates it from its competitors. Leveraging its vaunted research arm and software assets, IBM has driven significant improvement in its services margins over the past five years by rapidly automating labor-based processes and creating repeatable software-like assets.
IBM is a global company. We work across time zones with colleagues in various geographies. IBMers have a world of opportunity. At some point, most employees find themselves in a role they never would have imagined for themselves because there are so many unique positions available.
Build the Career You Want in Dubuque, Iowa!
IBM has your long-term professional life in mind. What's your passion? Learn new skills, work across different disciplines or move into new challenges? It's possible with our award-winning, customized professional development and leadership training. On average, every IBM employee takes advantage of more than 60 hours of training a year. IBM offers competitive benefits, as well as an industry-leading practice of performance-based bonuses for all employees. We believe that global innovation demands diverse employees and attractive work/life initiatives.
We encourage you to apply. Join us. Discover what you can do at IBM.
In this role as an IPC Analyst, you will work with Change Requester, Change Control boards, account teams, SDMs, and SDLs team members. Your responsibilities will be to:
• Prepare and track change requests to ensure that required solution changes are accurately described and reviewed by the proper Change Control boards, responses are coordinated and provided through the review process, and to ensure that all records meet compliance standards as agreed to by IBM and it's client.
• Prepare and track internal change request to ensure that required solutions changes are vetted in our client's environment before submitting an external change record for approval.
• Manage change records within agreed timeframes -- implementing change within the agreed window, and confirmation that it was completed on time as written.
• Act as focal point for process execution to IT organization and other stakeholders.
• Performing/coordinating day to day process management.
• Conduct meetings as needed, i.e., CAB review meeting where the change records are reviewed.
• Provide reports as needed, past due changes, upcoming changes, weekend changes, ad hoc reporting as needed.
• Provide appropriate approvals as needed.
• Follow up with teams as needed for approvals, proper closure and be a resource for those teams that have questions about the process.
• Problem management used to determine the root cause of an incident and subsequent resolution by creating RCA record and following up with task owners to complete analysis promptly to meet SLA requirements including approvals where applicable.
• Ensure that problem record is created with all the needed details from an incident.
• Provide the account team with details facts of the findings of the investigation performed by the administrator team.
Coordinate and provide review process, and to ensure that all records meet compliance standards as agreed to by IBM and it's client.
If you would like to get exposure to a number of different accounts from different sectors, interact with employees from around the world and gain leadership skills. Join our Team at IBM and let's make an impact. Together, we'll out think challenges and the limits of what's possible.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- One to three years of working knowledge of MS Office products needed
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good communicator
- Teambuilding skills; be able to get people from various support areas to work as a team
- Analytical and Problem-Solving skills; have a desire to determine why things happened and what can be done to help them not occur again
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office
- One to two years of familiarity with standard computer applications
- Basic interest in technology
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.