Quality Technician, 2nd shiftModernfold, Dyersville, IA
As the world's leading manufacturer of operable wall systems and accordion partitions, Modernfold has earned a reputation for providing building owners, architects and contractors with flexible space design assistance, quality products, expert installation and ongoing product support. Typical end-use applications include hotels, educational institutions, commercial offices, religious facilities, casinos and convention centers.
Modernfold also provides a network of coast-to-coast Service Centers designed to guarantee a quick response to operational problems and ensure long-term performance of operable wall systems.
Modernfold products are marketed by more than 130 commercial distributors in North America and are manufactures, represented or licensed by 21 companies worldwide. The company currently operates manufacturing facilities in : New Castle, IN.; Dyersville, Iowa; Sharonville, Ohio; and Hume Australia Capital Territories.
Quality Technician, 2nd shift
The Quality Technician utilizes various quality techniques to track, analyze and report on materials, processes and products to ensure they meet the company's quality standards and ISO9001 requirements. Must be detail oriented, resourceful, organized, and possess strong oral and written communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials in accordance with our Supplier Quality policies
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Approve finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Perform process audits and document inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality databases.
- Keep measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; calling for repairs.
- Comply with company's policies, procedures, and quality standards, as well as safety and environmental regulations.
- Investigate issues of product non-conformance and develop corrective action.
- Completes all applicable paperwork. Requires some use of judgment on criteria not easily quantified.
- Measure and interpret technical parameters per customer specifications, or drawings.
- Work with Manufacturing team members to ensure effective inspection and testing procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Read and interprets drawings and schematics.
- Actively manage complex distributor and customer needs and communicate as necessary to the appropriate party.
- Follow-up and problem solving for Quality related issues between departments.
- Effectively communicate with other departments regarding Quality related issues.
- Maintain clean and safe working environment in line with company policies.
- Deliver on the company's commitment to Professional Excellence by communicating effectively with both external and internal customers.
- Other miscellaneous tasks as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are respective of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be needed to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); two years of college or university study in a technical or scientific discipline preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. ASQ certification (any level) a plus. One year of related work experience in a production or quality assurance environment preferred. Efficient with MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Access. Ability to handle multiple projects and spreadsheet proficiency. Must have a strong understanding of computers, and software (Microsoft Applications). Must have an understanding of statistical based quality assurance. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills a must. Deadline driven, handle stress and results oriented.
Ability to communicate and provide constructive feedback in a positive nature at all levels of the organization with regards to quality control issues. Ability to take direction from Management and display a positive “can-do” attitude, strong work ethic and utilizing strong problem solving skills. Strong organizational and time management skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to interpret reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule forms.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with arms and hands; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit and walk. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; Light industrial work environment – heated but not air conditioned. Personal protective equipment (PPE) must be worn as required.
Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|