2nd shift: 2:00pm-10:00pm, Monday-Friday with occasional weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sampling and testing environmental sampling and after sanitation sampling per standard procedure.
- Testing of in-process and finished products per standard procedures.
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests.
- Approves finished product by confirming specification; conducting visual and measurement tests.
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs and input data into databases.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating procedures and performing calibrations as required
- Communicate with Quality Manager and other management on lab results and quality improvements.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Participate in internal, 3rd party, and customer audits, as needed
- Assist with hold and non-conformance program and investigate, as needed.
- Order supplies and/or communicates the need for an order
- Attend department meeting
- Maybe required to work overtime if deemed necessary with occasional weekend work
- Maintain, organize, and clean lab and equipment
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Report any and all injuries to your manager or supervisor on shift at time of injury.
- Complete all required training in a timely manner.
- Adhere to WHC food safety policies and all government food safety and sanitation regulations (ex. FDA, HACCP, GMP, OSHA, FSSC 22000)
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- May assist in Document Control, approval, and filing
- Associate Degree or combination of High School Diploma and equivalent skills by experience.
- Intermediate computer skills including e-mail, word process, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work with automated and laboratory equipment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure
- History of good attendance
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented nature
- Ability to work with moderate supervision
- Ability to work as a team
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Ability to perform algebraic calculations
- Must be able to verbally communicate, understand and write in the English language.
- Microbiological and food safety training, preferred
- Knowledge of cheesemaking, Pasteurization Milk Ordinance (PMO) and food safety, preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, climb, bend and squat, or walk for prolonged periods of time. The employee will be required to operate a computer and keyboard; have visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech; manual dexterity to operate a telephone; lift horizontally and vertically, bend and stoop. Employee must be able to lift 50 lbs. The employee must also be tolerant to allergen exposure to milk.
If you have any questions or have an application with FurstStaffing, please call FurstStaffing in Darlington @ 608-745-7100 or text us @ 608-291-9155.
|Years of Experience||--|