Chaplain - Spiritual Care - PRN (As Needed)MercyOne, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
MercyOne Medical Center is a not for profit Catholic hospital serving the tri-state area of Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin since 1879. MercyOne – Dubuque has 263 beds while MercyOne – Dyersville is a critical access hospital with 25 beds and a 40-bed nursing home.
MercyOne offers a full range of acute care services, including invasive cardiology and open-heart surgery, Level II trauma center, Level II regional neonatal intensive care unit, general and orthopaedic surgery, psychiatric services and inpatient physical rehabilitation. MercyOne also operates two hospital-based skilled nursing units, extensive outpatient rehabilitation services, home health care, retail pharmacy and a wide range of outpatient, community and business services. MercyOne’s 1,300 full- and part-time employees and medical staff of 230 care for more than 56,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
The hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and achieved Magnet designation, the gold standard of patient care, in 2004 and was redesignated a Magnet hospital for the fourth time in 2019.
MercyOne Medical Center is a member of Mercy Health Network in Iowa and is a Ministry Organization of Trinity Health based in Novi, Michigan.
MercyOne is an organization that values and encourages diversity. To learn more about Mercy and its opportunities for employment, please see the postings listed on this site or visit our website at https://www.mercyone.org/dubuque/.
Provides spiritual and emotional care to patients, family members, other visitors and associates, referring special needs to appropriate staff; arranges follow-up spiritual support for patients and families. May be called upon for prayer and religious services and to assist in ethical decisions. Must be able to work independently. In doing so, collaborates with physicians, nurses and other members of the healing team.
- Education and Licensure for all chaplains:
- Bachelor’s degree in religion, theology, counseling or related field required; master’s degree preferred. Knowledge of spiritual care and theology.
- A minimum of 1-2 years prior spiritual care experience is required; three years is preferred.
- PRN Chaplain: sufficient pastoral experience to be able to respond independently, providing comfort and care to those who are ill, in pain, or suffering in any way. Must be able to respond in a crises setting according to the policies and procedures of MercyOne Dubuque Medical Center.
- Special Skills, Competencies, and Aptitudes:
- Two units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) already completed through ACPE (Association for Clinical Pastoral Education) upon hire.
- Certification through BCCI (Board of Chaplaincy Certification, Inc.), or NACC (National Association of Catholic Chaplains) within three years of hire.
- PRN Chaplains: Complete one unit CPE within 2 years of hire, or equivalent supervised professional training in a clinical pastoral setting. Additional CPE units preferred.
- A general working knowledge of computers and department specific software (i.e. Microsoft Office, Health Stream, internet, etc.), is preferred.
- Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training is required within 6 months of hire and every 5 years thereafter.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|