Maintenance Technician (Waterpark)Grand Harbor Resort And Waterpark, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Join Our Team!
The Grand Harbor Resort & Waterpark offers an exciting, safe and family-friendly work environment. If you're a hardworking and energetic individual, we may have the opportunity for you! Apply for one of our open positions through Access Dubuque Jobs or feel free to stop by the hotel Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to fill out an application. Grand Harbor Resort & Waterpark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must be 16 or older.
Grand Harbor Resort & Waterpark supports the National Career Readiness Certificate and takes certificate completion into consideration for employment purposes. Please check the local Workforce Development Center for further information.
To provide waterpark maintenance necessary to achieve stated objectives for waterpark feature maintenance, boiler room checks, repairs, costs, guest service satisfaction, safety, cleanliness, and sanitation.
Knowledge of leisure activities/commercial recreation setting is preferred. Knowledge of waterpark maintenance and its day-to-day functions within a resort is helpful. Plumbing, mechanical and electrical skills preferred.
LICENSE/PERMITS REQUIRED: Valid driver's license required. CPO certification is preferred or will be able to receive CPO certification with a year of starting employment.
- Possible heavy workloads; exerting up to 50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or other wise move objects.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, reaching involved.
- Must be able to work in warm/humid settings and hot/humid weather for indoor waterpark environment.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to work weekends, nights, and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs of Grand Harbor Resort & Waterpark.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Manager and the Waterpark Manager to ensure that all waterpark rides are inspected daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Fill in where needed, assisting with maintenance room calls and preventative maintenance work outside the waterpark, to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the ride manufacturer's preventative maintenance programs.
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, and county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the associates and guests.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, and county and municipal regulations that pertain to rides safety, inspections, and yearly inspection with all authorities.
- Provide advice and suggestions to the Maintenance and Waterpark management team as needed.
- Participate waterpark walk throughs and attend safety meetings when needed.
- Assist with audits and inspections by outside agencies when needed.
- Ensure waterpark is maintained so that guests are not inconvenienced because of repairs.
- Monitor and ensure that the pools are kept in the correct chemical balance.
- Maintain and accurately record log of all readings in the pools.
- Maintain an accurate inventory level of chemicals and communicate to the Maintenance mgt team.
- Assist with the waterpark appearance, making sure all areas are clean, neat, organized, sanitized and safe.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
This listing has expired
Skilled Labor Trades
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|