Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We're a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
About the Program
The Residential Care Facility (RCF) is a residential facility for adults who have a mental health diagnosis, that provides supervision in a safe, secure, and protected environment. The RCF offers the following services:
- 24 hour staffing and supervision
- Mental health support
- Medication management
- Social and community integration
- Physical and emotional health development
- Daily living skills education
As a LPN/RN, your primary responsibilities include providing health care services in a residential facility for adults with mental illness. In addition, you will
- Serving as a primary worker for clients as assigned
- Teaching necessary problem solving and independent living skills
- Documenting significant information in each file in a clear and timely matter
- Assist with social recreation activities within and outside the facility or in the community and to follow all guidelines of the activity coordinator
- Arranging for coverage on the floor when staff calls off
- Provide transportation for clients as needed
What you need
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program(LPN, RN or BSN)
- Licensed in the state of Iowa
- Proficient in interviewing skills and in client lab testing.
- Ability to document nursing assessment and interventions in patient records
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience working with adults with mental illness
- Valid driver's license and able to obtain auto insurance to drive agency vehicles
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|