Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We're a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
About the Program
Many times, parents are at their wit's end when their child is struggling in school. If this sounds familiar, then it's time to become acquainted with the Anna B. Lawther Academy at Hillcrest in Maquoketa, Iowa. We're the education experts for struggling students; we've changed the lives of hundreds of troubled adolescents and teens and seen them graduate from our school or return to their previous school and graduate from there. In our K-12 Academy, our top-notch teachers have a long and successful track record of educating students in need of specialized behavioral care.
Education Services Include
- K-12 education for struggling children and teens
- Quality education for students requiring personalized therapy and counseling
- Top-notch teachers and facilities
- Coordinators to help parents navigate the education systems and handle the details
As a Teacher Associate, your primary responsibility is to function as an integral member of Anna B. Lawther Academy by assisting the classroom teacher. In addition, you will be:
- Modeling appropriate behavior for students in all areas of the school
- Establishing and maintaining positive and appropriate relationships with students which are based on trust and respect
- Demonstrating the ability to effectively and respectfully problem solve with a student(s) using Collaborative and Proactive Solutions
- Implementing physical holds only as needed and following correct Mandt techniques
What you need
- High school diploma or equivalent, 18 years of age
- Mandt training required upon hire and every year thereafter
What Makes You Stand Out
- Demonstrates the strength, judgement, and maturity to effectively support and manage the students in the classroom setting
- Ability to display patience and understanding while working with students who have special needs
"Being a teacher associate is like 50% teaching and 50% counseling. You are responsible for carrying out classroom expectations and behaviors. You will interact with a wide variety of behaviors and it is your duty to help manage and redirect the negative, while encouraging the positive behaviors. Ability to maintain calm in high stress situations is a daily expectation. Organization is a must, as you will be documenting behaviors, growth, and filling out legal documents. Along with the joys of being in the classroom, light janitorial duties will be required."
-Current Teacher Associate
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|