Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
Up to $1.50/hour on top of base wages for night and weekend shifts!
Base rate for agency drivers - $12.45/hour
Base rate for med passers - $13.35/hour
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We're a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
About the Program
The Residential Care Facility (RCF) is a residential facility for adults who have a mental health diagnosis, that provides supervision in a safe, secure, and protected environment. The RCF offers the following services:
- 24 hour staffing and supervision
- Mental health support
- Medication management
- Social and community integration
- Physical and emotional health development
- Daily living skills education
As a MHT for Hillcrest Family Services Residential Care Facility in Dubuque, IA, your primary responsibilities include providing general client/patient care. In addition, you will:
- Observing/documenting clients' behavior, mental status and activities
- Performing safety checks at scheduled times
- Treating clients and families with respect and dignity
- Providing emotional support
What you need
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred (GED or NCR accepted)
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience working with adults who have chronic mental illness
- Valid drivers license and ability to meet agency driving requirements
- Ability to pass medications (Med Manager or Certified Medication Assistant)
- Experience assisting in activities of daily living
- Health care documentation
Working at Hillcrest RCF as a Mental Health Tech is the most rewarding job I have ever had. The trust and rapport I have built with the clients has enabled me to assist them through their daily struggles. Being a role model and an outlet of encouragement makes me feel that I have truly made the difference in the lives I have encountered while working at Hillcrest. -Current Mental Health Tech I
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|