Care Coordinator - Maquoketa, IAHillcrest Family Services, Maquoketa, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We're a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
About the Program
At Hillcrest, we strongly advocate for the wellness of our clients through our Integrated Health Home (IHH) program that delivers the following services, and more, using an individual/family-centered, strengths-based approach. For children and adults, our services include:
- Treatment of particular mental illnesses including anxiety, depression, bipolar syndrome and ADHD
- Comprehensive care management and coordination of our client's health including coordination of doctors, therapists and prescribers
- Health promotion and wellness prevention activities
- Comprehensive transitional care
- Individual and family support services
- Referral to community and social support services
- A Hillcrest team of nurses, care coordinators and peer group specialists to make certain all wellness needs are being taken care of
Integrated Health Homes "expand the traditional medical home models to build linkages to other community and social supports, and to enhance coordination of medical and behavioral healthcare, in keeping with the needs of persons with multiple chronic illnesses." Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
As a Care Coordinator, your primary responsibility includes providing mental and physical health care and services for assigned caseload as part of the IHH team. In addition, you will:
- Serve as a member of the interdisciplinary team, working closely with nursing, primary health care and auxiliary service providers.
- Assist with the enrollment process, which includes paperwork.
- Coordinate appointment scheduling, arrange transportation, and make follow-up calls as necessary.
- Provides continued education and reinforces ongoing whole health needs.
What you need
- Bachelor's degree in social work, sociology, or psychology
- Valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally to clients, staff, families, consulting psychiatrist and other professional staff.
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience working with mentally ill clients in a community setting
- Excellent time management, organization, and flexibility
Every day in IHH is different which means you will never be bored. I love working as a Care Coordinator because we are able to help connect our clients to services they need to encompass their whole health and wellbeing. Our team is the best part of the job as we work together and take every chance we can to laugh. We support each other in frustrating or hard situations whether personal or professional. When we have a difficult client, we are able to work with our team and discuss different approaches we could try to be effective working with that client. It is the team atmosphere that makes the job so much more successful.
-Current IHH Care Coordinator
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled