Physical Therapist-Home CareUnityPoint Health Finley Hospital,
This listing has expired
A CAREER AT UNITYPOINT HEALTH - FINLEY HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health team members come for a job, but stay for a career. As a team member, regardless of your position, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver our vision of the Best Outcome for Every Patient, Every Time. That privilege drives employees' passion for making a difference in the lives of our patients, helping them create healthier, more rewarding lives.
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we know our collective actions determine the experience we create. Our team members strive to work as one through four key values:
* Foster Unity
* Own the Moment
* Champion Excellence
* Seize Opportunity
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit http://www.unitypoint.org/dubuque/employment-opportunities to learn about our many opportunities and to fill out an online application.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital is a 126-bed community hospital. We employ more than 800 full-and-part-time employees. Finley Hospital is a not-for-profit, locally owned, regional healthcare facility part of the UnityPoint Health system. Finley Hospital is committed to bringing the best medical care to the tri-state area. We offer comprehensive, full service health care that is coordinated around our patients. We have consistently been recognized as a leader in health care.
Work hours will be 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, for 80 hours per pay period, and as needed. You will be required to flex to other shifts as needed. There is a holiday and weekend rotation.
- Screen patients to determine the need for physical therapy evaluation/services.
- Perform a physical therapy patient evaluation according to doctor’s referrals and communicate any changes to physician.
- Design a physical therapy plan of care that integrates patient/family goals, treatment, outcomes, and doctor’s care plan.
- Perform physical therapy intervention as requested by physician.
- Educate others using relevant and effective teaching methods.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement activities.
- Responsible for the direction of the physical therapy assistants and physical therapy aides according to the State of Iowa regulatory standards.
- Practice in a safe manner that minimizes risk to patient, self, and others.
- Communicate in ways that are congruent with situational needs.
- Produce documentation to support the delivery of physical therapy services.
- Address patient needs for services other than physical therapy (e.g., occupational therapist).
- Demonstrate knowledge of physical therapy modalities.
- Treat patient/family with respect and dignity.
- Identify and address psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patient/family.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must have a Master's or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy. Must have an active Iowa Physical Therapist licensure. Must have a valid driver license and auto insurance as this positions does drive.