Psychiatrist or Psychiatric ARNP (Up to $1,000 Sign-On Bonus)Hillcrest Family Services, DUBUQUE, IA
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We're a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
About the Program
The Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program is an effective, evidence based treatment program to provide in-home treatment, support, and rehabilitative care to persons with serious mental illnesses.
ACT's wraparound services aim to reduce the number of people who are in and out of hospitals for treatment or who are incarcerated or in residential care facilities. This is done mobilizing mental health and treating people out in the community. ACT teams are made up of experts, such as psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and employment specialists, who are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
As a Psychiatrist/Psych ARNP, for Hillcrest Family Services, Assertive Community Treatment team in Dubuque, IA, your primary responsibilities include working within a collaborative team to provide specialized direct and indirect care and also provide direct clinical services to clients including intakes and medication management at other behavioral health locations as needed/hours allow. In addition, you will:
- Provide direct mental health medical care
- Be responsible for medication management on up to 50 assigned ACT clients
- Perform initial evaluations and follow-up care for medication management clients as assigned
- Counsel and instruct clients in treatment compliance, including any required or suggested blood work
- Review all cases referred to by Therapists and/or other medical practitioners on the treatment team
- Provide supervision to nursing and other staff in conjunction with Program Manager/Division Director as assigned
- Complete paperwork/dictation within 48 business hours from service date
What you need
- Licensure in the state of Iowa in the Licensure in the state of Iowa in the capacity of a Psychiatrist (Is a doctor of medicine(M.D.) or a doctor of osteopathy(D.O.) OR is licensed in Iowa pursuant to 653 chapter 9 OR is certified or is eligible to be certified as a psychiatrist by the American Board of Medical Specialties' Board of Psychiatry and neurology or by the American Osteopathic Board of Neurology and Psychiatry) OR
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (is licensed pursuant to 655 chapter 7 OR has a mental health certification) OR
- Physician's Assistant (is licensed pursuant to 645 chapter 326)
- Provides a minimum of 16 hours per week of prescriber time for every 50 ACT clients(adult)
- Experience working with persons with severe and persistent mental illness
What Makes You Stand Out
- Eligible agency driver
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|