RN ($750 Sign-On Bonus)Hillcrest Family Services, DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We're a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
About the Program
Hillcrest operates several 3-10 bed adult group homes for adults who have a mental health diagnosis. These homes often serve as a stepping stone from hospitalizations and institutionalization to independent living. These residences offer the following services:
- 24 hour staffing
- Individual counseling
- Care coordination
- Recreational activities (structured and unstructured)
- Medication management
- Instruction on daily living
As a RN, your primary responsibilities include planning, coordinating and providing health services to the clients of the Adult Group home program. In addition, you will:
- Assist in developing and monitoring policies and procedures for health services to clients
- Assist in the development of medication administration guidelines and procedures for staff to implement
- Develop medical care plans when health issues are targeted and prioritized.
- Maintain complete and updated clinical record for each client.
What you need
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program
- Licensed in the state of Iowa
- Proficient in interviewing skills, passing medications and in client lab testing.
- Ability to document nursing assessment and interventions in patient records
What Makes You Stand Out
- Eligible agency driver
- Experience working with adults with mental illness
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled