Maintenance TechnicianStonehill Franciscan Services, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Stonehill Franciscan Services is the largest non-governmental Continuum of Care Facility in the state of Iowa; with the largest Post-Acute services in the Tri-State area. Our mission is to provide the highest quality of care in a dignified atmosphere. We strive to provide an outstanding Customer Experience to every residents, family and community member, and co-worker we encounter. In 2016, Stonehill created Career Pathways that support the professional career development for all of our employees. Career Pathways are positions that will provide work experience and financial support for employees who look for additional ways to build their skills and/or leadership opportunities. We have been blest for over 50 years to provide the highest quality of care to so many and look forward to continuing our service for many, many years to come.
Benefits offered to our employees are Nursing Scholarships, Free membership to our Wellness Center, discount Massages, Referral Bonus, Medical, Dental, Vision insurances, Flex Spending for both Medical and Childcare, Short Term Disability/Life Insurance, 401k/Roth Match, Employee Assistance Program, and Employee Recognition Programs.
Current services provide: a Wellness Center; Independent Living Villas and Apartments; Assisted Living Apartments; a Residential Care Facility; a Long-Term Care Facility; a Skilled Nursing Facility; an In-Patient and Out-Patient Rehabilitation Program with Physical, Occupational, Speech and Massage Therapy. SFS employs more than 400 people and serves 300 residents as well as 2,000 wellness members.
Stonehill is currently looking for a full time 2nd shift Maintenance Technician. Under general supervision of the Maintenance Director, the Maintenance Tech helps keep all buildings, grounds and equipment at Stonehill Franciscan Services in good condition and operating order by performing various regular and special maintenance, repairs and improvement activities as directed by the Maintenance Director. Maintain facilities in a safe and comfortable condition for residents, staff and others who may be at Stonehill Franciscan Services.
This position will be scheduled 12:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. and requires weekends on rotation and every other holiday. Successful candidate will be able to respond within 30 minutes for on-call needs.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Checks temperatures and pressures throughout the facilities on a regular schedule, clean and changes screens and filters as needed and notifies of any unusual conditions;
- Picks up maintenance request forms from nurse stations. Performs work as requested on maintenance slips;
- Routinely checks ice machines on all floors, refrigerators, and walk in coolers, freezers and air compressors for proper temperatures and operation;
- Test smoke detectors, emergency generator, ground fault circuits, and fire extinguishers as scheduled and required;
- Cleans screens and pumps in the cooling tower. Cleans and services laundry equipment. Repairs and greases all carts and wheel chairs as scheduled;
- Patches, repairs, and paints walls, handrails and equipment throughout the facilities as scheduled.
- Performs scheduled daily, weekly, monthly, semiannual, and annual routine maintenance activities as scheduled;
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate;
- Be on-call when scheduled by the Maintenance Director;
- Assists the Maintenance Director on other tasks as needed and coordinates work activities in a manner that enhances the welfare of residents and supports the work of other staff at Stonehill Franciscan Services;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- 1 - 3 years maintenance experience
- Familiarity with blue prints and mechanical systems
- Strong basic math and mechanical abilities
Stonehill Franciscan Services is an equal opportunity employer.
This listing has expired
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|