Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We're a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
As a Staff Accountant at our Main Administrative Office in Dubuque, IA, your primary responsibilities include providing assistance for grant and contract related financial functions such as financial reporting and budgeting and support for Accounts Payable. This includes:
- Completing and maintaining cost allocation spreadsheets
- Reconciling, researching, and documenting general ledger accounts
- Completing and maintaining the agency's reoccurring journal entries
- Reconciling petty cash funds, bank statements, and transactions
- Compiling information for cost reports, external audits and examinations
What you need
- BS in Accounting or Finance (additional work experience may be substituted for BS)
- Ability to analyze financial reports
- Microsoft Excel experience
What Makes You Stand Out
- One year of related experience
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|