Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
Up to $1.50/hour on top of base wages for night and weekend shifts!
Base rate for agency drivers - $12.45/hour
Base rate for med passers - $13.35/hour
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We're a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
About the Program
Hillcrest operates several 3-10 bed adult group homes for adults who have a mental health diagnosis. These homes often serve as a stepping stone from hospitalizations and institutionalization to independent living. These residences offer the following services:
- 24 hour staffing
- Individual counseling
- Care coordination
- Recreational activities (structured and unstructured)
- Medication management
- Instruction on daily living
As a Mental Health Counselor, for Hillcrest Family Services, Adult Group Home in Dubuque, IA, your primary responsibilities include providing in-house case coordination and treatment planning for clients. In addition, you will:
- Teaching necessary problem solving and independent living skills
- Providing provision of habilitation services for clients
- Assuring program treatment plans and IAP's are updated on a quarterly basis
- Facilitates social recreation activities within the facility and the community
What you need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent time management, organization and flexibility
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience working with adults who have chronic mental illness
- Valid driver license and ability to meet agency driving requirements
- Ability to pass medications (Med Manager or Med Passer)
- Ability to communicate clearly, tactfully and professionally
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|