Office Manager- Social Work DepartmentClarke University, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Clarke University is a leading independent, coeducational, Catholic university with majors in the liberal arts, sciences and professional programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Founded in 1843 by the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Maryin Dubuque, Iowa, Clarke University is an intimate learning community that lives practically by four Core Values: Education, Charity, Justice, and Freedom. These values emanate from its founder, Mary Frances Clarke, the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and those who follow their example to provide learning experiences that are relevant and forward looking. The Clarke Compass, designed for undergraduate students, integrates the liberal arts, experiential learning, major courses of study, cocurricular offerings and the Core Values to produce career-and life-ready graduates who service the Common Good, defined as that which all members of society need in order to live healthy, fulfilling lives.
Clarke University is committed to fostering a welcoming campus community that celebrates the unique contributions of each person and promotes an inclusive learning environment. To this end, we strive to respect diversity, practice inclusion and seek equity.
For more information, please visit www.clarke.edu.
At Clarke University, we focus on making an impact on students so they can positively impact the world. For students, it means a place where more than facts are studied – it means new ways of thinking are explored. For faculty and staff, it means more than just coming to work every day – it means truly collaborating across the university to put student success first. It also means living and working in a thriving city named one of the “most livable” small cities in the country and one of “Best Green Places” in the country.
The University is currently seeking a qualified individual to assume the role of Office Manager in the Social Work Department. This is a 10 month (August – May) part time position with approximately 20 hours per week. The Office Manager is responsible for supporting the faculty within the Social Work Department. Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answer general questions related to academics, student advising, course scheduling and sequencing and departmental information.
- Maintain departmental forms and records, along with course syllabi for all courses within the department
- Assist Chair and Field Director with accreditation and program review process (tracking materials, formatting and editing final reports, etc.) correspondence, semester planning, project work, and data collection and analysis.
- Provide administrative support to faculty such as filing, managing invoices, ordering supplies and other correspondence.
- Track department financial budget and expenditures
- Assist faculty with marketing and recruitment efforts
- Assist the Director of the BSW program with the student application process to the BSW program (send and track applications, schedule interviews with faculty, send follow-up letters, etc.).
- Work with admissions and department faculty to track and follow-up with prospective MSW students (schedule and assign faculty to interview, assist with new student orientation, etc).
A High School diploma or GED is required, along with 1-3 years of general office experience. The successful candidate must have demonstrated experience with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to interact with a variety of departments, students, parents, faculty and staff in a positive manner is critical. The candidate must have strong organizational skills with a desire to work independently. Experience with databases is preferred.
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter and resume online at http://clarke.applicantpool.com/jobs. Resume review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
|Years of Experience||--|