Plant ManagerPropulse® A Schieffer Co., Peosta, IA
This listing has expired
"We are excited to announce the rebranding of Schieffer Co. International L.C. to PROPULSE™, A Schieffer Company. The new logo and name, ProPulse, more succinctly reflect our professional approach to high-pressure hose solutions,” comments Jeff Theis, Founding Member and President of U.S. Operations. “The tagline ‘Power Moving Forward’ identifies a direct connection to the fluid power industry and the momentum of our business model. Both represent precision, professionalism, vitality and strong progress. That’s exactly what we and our products stand for."
Established in 1923 and headquartered in Lippstadt, Germany, the Schieffer Group of companies is world renowned as the leader in innovative high-pressure hoses and fittings. The company’s commitment to the cleaning industry has made it a prominent leader with the experience needed to innovate new products and the flexibility to bring them to market. For more than 80 years, we have been placing our know-how and experience in the field of rubber and plastic processing at the service of our customers. A skilled staff of approximately 450 at Schieffer's production plants are engaged in satisfying the needs of our business partners in industry. Schieffer products and systems incorporate comprehensive know-how derived from our many decades of experience and from intensive cooperation with our partners in industry.
Its considerable investments in research and development, personnel, equipment and patents have the company poised to pinpoint the products and processes that need improvement, and then find and create the solutions that go above and beyond the current standards. Although the specific work and services performed by the different divisions of the company differ greatly, the application know-how and practical experience which we have acquired across-the-board enables us to offer our customers system solutions and assemblies made up of individual components form these special fields and thereby provide an optimum combination of advantages.
This position will entail working with all aspects of production and the related corresponding manufacturing and assembly activities. This person will report to the President and will work with engineering, supply management, accounting, HR, and quality departments to optimize efficiency, scrap rates, labor content, and help facilitate new product rollout.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
- Plan, organize, and direct the manufacturing (Assembly and Extrusion) and maintenance operations to ensure the most effective return on assets.
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports ProPulse®’s strategic initiatives.
- Develop and initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital. Assure attainment of business objectives and production while insuring product standards that will exceed customers’ expectations.
- Establish individual accountabilities throughout assigned departments for problem solving, continuous improvement, warranty reduction, efficiency improvements, and scrap reductions. Encourage use of lean manufacturing techniques and focus on fact based problem-solving and RCA.
- Manage spending against budget and in relation to changes throughout the changing business cycle.
- Work to establish management practices throughout assigned areas which include all employees’ positive involvement with opportunities for constructive input and action.
- Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes.
- Other duties as assigned
The continued success and growth of ProPulse®, A Schieffer Co. requires a dedicated and proven leader able to work closely with all business functions in cross functional teams.
- 4-year degree in business or technical field desired
- 6+ years’ experience in a fast-paced high production/manufacturing environment with 3 years of managerial experience.
- Ability to handle high stress situations quickly/efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a cross functional team environment
- Strong leadership skills and communication skills, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
ProPulse® has an expectation of their employees to hold steadfast to the company’s Purpose, Vision and Core Values in all aspects of their job responsibilities and job functions.
Our purpose is to provide de-commoditized products that are engineered and uniquely valuable to our customers and especially the ultimate user.
To build a company through the unified pursuit of sustainable growth and value. We do this through best practices paying constant attention to the development of our people, culture and business processes, markets and products, financial strength and predictable revenue.
Integrity: Honesty and mutual respect of our internal and external customers and suppliers guides us.
Flexibility: We embrace flexibility as a challenge for our products, markets and processes.
Growth: We focus on sustainable growth and value of our company and personally.
Service: We anticipate and go beyond customer expectations.
Safety: We insist upon safety and unsurpassed quality of our products and methods.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|