Preschool TeacherUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University that is seeking a Preschool Teacher for the Childcare Center. We seek applicants who have a passion for teaching, a love for children, and want to work with other teachers as a team to ensure high quality care and education.
- Provide quality educational experiences
- Maintain daily communication with parents
- Complete and post weekly lesson plans based on Creative Curriculum
- Implement Creative Curriculum through planned activities that respect cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development
- Observe and assess each child based upon the Creative Curriculum
- Model appropriate teaching and behavior strategies for assistant teachers
- Facilitate parent-teacher conferences twice a year
- Develop interpersonal relationships with children and their families
- Any other duties as assigned by Director
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood/Elementary Education or related experience
- Valid Iowa teaching license
- Ability to obtain 6-10 continuing education hours per year
- Ability to work a flexible schedule is preferred
- Current certification in First Aid, CPR, Universal Precautions, and Mandatory Reporting training is preferred: ability to obtain certifications after employment is required
The University of Dubuque offers a competitive wage and an excellent benefits package including tuition remission, paid holidays, 4 weeks’ vacation and sick time. As well as contributes to retirement and life insurance.
To apply with a growing University for the Preschool Teacher position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
Applications from qualified persons with diverse backgrounds and cultures, including women and persons of color, are welcomed. AA/EEO
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|