On a Mission to Put
a Million People to Work
Express Employment Professionals is one of the top staffing companies in the U.S. and Canada. Every day, we help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses. Express has more than 750 franchise locations that provide a full range of employment solutions that include full-time, temporary, and part-time employment in a wide range of positions, including professional, commercial, and administrative. Each Express office is locally owned and operated and backed by the expertise and support of an international headquarters. Simply put, Express is large enough to meet your needs and small enough to care.
If you're a job seeker, Express will assess your skills and work with you to find a job that fits your needs and abilities. Applicants never pay a fee at Express, and you'll have the opportunity to earn benefits such as medical insurance, holiday pay, vacation pay, referral bonuses and much more. Learn more.
For employers, Express Employment Professionals provides staffing and HR solutions to help meet your needs and production goals.
LIKE US! Facebook.com/ExpressDbq
A local company is seeking a Manager of Applied Technology.
Salary - $60,000
(This is a Direct Hire role)
The Director of Applied Technology will have the following responsibilities:
Local IT Support:
o Provide desktop support to employees for day-to-day IT issues.
o Maintain current systems and acquire new systems as hardware needs arise or change.
o Maintain current physical IT infrastructure including data cabling, wireless internet access and internet provider installations and service agreements.
o Use of Microsoft Active Directory for managing user accounts.
o Management of host and virtual servers running Microsoft Server OS and Hyper-V.
o Manage Office365 applications and accounts.
o Train new and current users on best practices for IT systems utilized by entities.
o Compose IT budgets on an annual basis with both short term (expenses) and long term (replacement/reserve) needs.
o Escalate items to third party support (software vendors or consultants) when complex needs arise.
o Document all IT procedures and maintain master network and server documentation for all systems.
o Implement and manage backup plans for all Client systems.
o Review all system reports and diagnostic logs to validate patching, backups, and security risks and concerns.
· IoT Support and integration:
o Assist with maintaining and implementing building automation systems including, but not limited to, HVAC management systems, electrical power metering, and lighting controllers.
o Assist with maintaining and implementing building security systems such as card access systems and video surveillance systems.
o Assist with basic physical IT infrastructure design and installation (internet service connection, server rack deigns, structured cable design and routing, etc.) in relation to building automation and security systems.
o Document procedures for the above listed IoT equipment, software, and infrastructure.
o Assist clients with evaluation of IoT solutions and manage projects related to implementation and replacement of IoT systems.
A successful Director of Applied Technology will have the following qualifications:
- Three to five years’ experience in an IT support role working with local users and business class server systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows OS including Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019, Active Directory, and Group Policy.
- Experience maintaining and interacting with systems that rely on Microsoft SQL as a back-end data base.
- Use of Windows PowerShell, Command Line, and other tools to assist in scripting and automation.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure including Layer 3 switching architecture, enterprise firewalls, network cabling including copper and fiber cabling, and Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- Skills in network cabling and termination, IT equipment installation and device installation (such as Wireless Access Points and IP Cameras).
- Basic knowledge of building controls and automation systems, security systems, and IP camera systems with the desire and ability to learn more about these systems.
- Certifications in the IT industry such as A+, Network+, Security+ will be helpful in selecting a candidate.
- A formal degree such as an AAS or BS in Computer Science related fields will be helpful, but not required should the candidate have extensive knowledge and training in the field outside of a formal academic setting.
Beyond these formal qualifications, the following personal qualities will be expected of this position:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain technical solutions in an approachable way to both staff and clients.
- A team player who knows how to work well in a team-focused, collaborative environment.
- Teaching and training abilities and a general desire to be helpful and encouraging to co-workers who need assistance with technology and technology related skills.
- Good judgment in regard to best practice in data management, equipment management, and cyber security.
- A desire to be involved with facilities and construction management function
- Please send your resume to Madelyn.Jantsch@expresspros.com
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||Madelyn.Jantsch@expresspros.com|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|