XLSpecialized Trailers is a market leading manufacturer of custom heavy haul trailers located in Manchester, Iowa. Founded on innovation and commitment to quality - XL has earned its reputation as a premium heavy haul trailer manufacturer through years of providing uniquely resilient, efficient, solutions-based products.
Responsibilities, Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Plans and completes engineering projects by studying customer requirements, market demand, and competitors’ products; scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Evaluates mechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, hydraulics and materials.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops mechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials, soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes, focusing on cost reduction and process improvement by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling and installing components.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly and installation process.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Maintains system and product database by writing computer programs and entering data.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing relating results as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements: Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Five years’ experience in design of steel structures or heavy equipment.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Must have advanced computer skills and be able to understand electronic processing. Technically proficient in Excel, and Design software systems.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Possess, analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities.
- Must have functional understanding of cost accounting.
- Must be an innovator and embrace lean enterprise principles and practices.
- Ability to quickly learn new tools, systems, etc.
- Ability to not only identify problems but also take action towards solving them.
- Aptitude to manage by influence not only by hierarchy.
Six Sigma Green Belt and/or Lean Training desirable.
- Extended periods of sitting.
- This position has the ability to work remotely.
- Travel up to 15%
- Ability to routinely lift 20 lbs. and occasionally up to 50lbs.
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|