Manufacturing Engineer/CNC MachiningDubuque Screw Products Inc, DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Let’s keep it simple: We’re a fully equipped CNC manufacturer that features more than two dozen CNC machines operated by true craftsman who take pride in their work. With 80 percent of our machines less than six years old, we’re committed to staying at the forefront of technology.
Do we deliver quality? Absolutely. That’s a given. Now let’s talk service. Dubuque Screw Products works harder than anyone else to deliver prompt turnaround, provide same-day plating, expedite orders and exceed expectations. We’re committed to world-class precision machining, continuous improvement and flexibility.
Interested in being part of a team that understands the importance of working together? Ready to take an active role in a company dedicated to exceptional manufacturing and continuous process improvements? At Dubuque Screw Products, employees are like family and our most valuable assets. We offer competitive wages, paid time off, 401(k) retirement, paid holidays, health insurance and tuition reimbursement. toward a rewarding career.
Summary/Objective: The Manufacturing Engineer/ CNC Machining is responsible for CNC turning, milling and all other supplier manufacturing processes to support production. The focus is on achieving an optimum relationship between cost and quality utilizing Lean and Six-Sigma best practices. This position responsible for all aspects of CNC engineering, production standard costs, tooling recommendations, fixture development, CNC programming, improving operating performance (through-put), identifying and reducing wasted, and troubleshooting. This position will demand high visibility on the shop floor and leadership team participation in continuous improvement activities for the company.
- Drive continuous improvements by developing and implementing systems and process improvements that optimize all phases of the manufacturing process. Be actively involved in the development and implementation of the long term improvement plans.
- Reduce tooling changeover times, reduce equipment down time and improve the shop’s overall processes for effectively monitoring preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Support production personnel in the development and implementation of standard work methods geared towards efficient utilization of work cell space, equipment, and product flow.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes with the goal of continuously improving process performance, machine utilization, and reduction in setup time.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing and Six-Sigma processes in support of process reliability, and manufacturing cycle time improvement.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures, and report any unsafe situations to management or human resources.
- Maintains a clean and organized work space.
- Performs miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
Competencies & Skills
- Ability to be a recognized technical machining leader.
- Ability to effectively make complex decisions with limited time and information and can determine decision making criteria bases on priorities.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple disciplines with internal and external resources.
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to troubleshoot manufacturing processes at the shop floor level based on strong knowledge of cutting tool applications, GDT, and proficient use of precision gauges and metrology equipment.
- Confident self-starter supportive of team environment, and development of best practices using Six-Sigma.
Physical Demands Required
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Ability to follow verbal and written work instructions
Occasionally required to stoop or kneel.
Standing, walking, and sitting for a majority of the time.
Use of hands and arms to touch, lift, reach, grip and grasp
Talking and hearing frequently
Lifting and/or exerting up to 10lbs weight/force frequently and up to 50 lbs. of weight/force occasionally.
Frequently exposed to production floor elements such as noise, dust, fumes, odors and heat
Education and Experience
Associates in a technical discipline required.
BS in an Engineering discipline, preferably in Manufacturing Engineering, is preferred.
3+ years experience with CNC programming (G and M codes) of various lathe and mill machinery required.
Six-Sigma Greenbelt preferred
This listing has expired
Skilled Labor Trades
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|