Institutional Advancement Administative Assistant/Gift Data SpecialistClarke University, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Clarke University is a dynamic, Catholic, liberal arts institution of 1200 students in traditional, adult and graduate programs. Located in the thriving city of Dubuque, Iowa, along the Mississippi River, Clarke was founded in 1843 by the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
At Clarke University, everything we do is focused on making an impact on students so they can positively impact the world. For students, this means finding a place where they are empowered to find success that will last forever. For faculty and staff, it means more than just coming to work every day – it means truly being engaged across campus while working to create an experience that always puts students first.
Clarke University faculty and staff enjoy a comprehensive benefits package and a collaborative working environment. Outside of the university, faculty and staff benefit from living and working in a thriving city named one of the “most livable” small cities in the country and one of “Best Green Places” in the country.
For more information, please visit www.clarke.edu.
At Clarke University, we focus on making an impact on students so they can positively impact the world. For students, it means a place where more than facts are studied – it means new ways of thinking are explored. For faculty and staff, it means more than just coming to work every day – it means truly collaborating across the university to put student success first. It also means living and working in a thriving city named one of the “most livable” small cities in the country and one of “Best Green Places” in the country.
Clarke University is currently seeking a qualified individual to support the day-to-day operation of the Institutional Advancement Office. Under the direction of the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Director of Advancement Services, the Institutional Advancement Administrative Assistant/ Gift Data Specialist will provide administrative support and is responsible for all procedures associated with gift recording, processing and acknowledgment while ensuring accurate data is recorded within the database.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supports the Vice President and others as requested by the Vice President by managing calendars as well as coordinating appointments, travel arrangements, and communications
- Assists the Vice President in fulfilling gift acknowledgments as well as recording donor action comments, the results of personal visits, and other correspondences
- Assists with proof reading materials for the Institutional Advancement Office
- Prepares travel expense reports and reconciles credit card statements for the Vice President
- Monitors the department operating budget by confirming budget line expenditures for all processed invoices
- Maintains department office files, supply inventories, and other special materials
- Records and processes gift commitments and produces receipts and acknowledgments to ensure timely and accurate processing and stewardship of gifts
- Tracks outstanding pledges and produces monthly reminder letters to donors
- Updates constituents’ biographical data and coordinates and processes data entry projects as assigned
- Manages the registration process for all events hosted by the Institutional Advancement Office
- Manages the Founders’ Society donor recognition program by preparing and distributing the Founders’ medallions
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Two-year degree plus 3 years related work experience and/or; equivalent combination of education and experience required. The successful candidate must have knowledge of general office procedures and skill in using a computer for word processing, spreadsheet preparation, database information input and retrieval, and data entry. Knowledge of automated systems, databases, and reports appropriate to maintaining gift and other administrative records is essential and experience with Raiser’s Edge/ Blackbaud is a plus. Ability to handle and honor confidential information and materials is required. Ability to work professionally and effectively with people from various backgrounds and economic levels.
To apply, please submit a letter of application and resume online at http://clarke.applicantpool.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.