Clarke University is a dynamic, Catholic, liberal arts institution of 1200 students in traditional, adult and graduate programs. Located in the thriving city of Dubuque, Iowa, along the Mississippi River, Clarke was founded in 1843 by the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
At Clarke University, everything we do is focused on making an impact on students so they can positively impact the world. For students, this means finding a place where they are empowered to find success that will last forever. For faculty and staff, it means more than just coming to work every day – it means truly being engaged across campus while working to create an experience that always puts students first.
Clarke University faculty and staff enjoy a comprehensive benefits package and a collaborative working environment. Outside of the university, faculty and staff benefit from living and working in a thriving city named one of the “most livable” small cities in the country and one of “Best Green Places” in the country.
For more information, please visit www.clarke.edu.
At Clarke University, everything we do is focused on making an impact on students so they can positively impact the world. For students, it means a place where more than facts are studied – it means new ways of thinking are explored. For faculty and staff, it means more than just coming to work every day – it means truly collaborating across the university to put student success first. It also means living and working in a thriving city named one of the “most livable” small cities in the country and one of “Best Green Places” in the country.
Clarke University Schrup Library seeks an innovative and energetic librarian to serve as an instruction librarian to assist our students with research as well as to provide library instruction and information literacy. This successful candidate will have a strong public services orientation.
Responsibilities: provide specialized information and research services to students, faculty, and others in-person, via telephone, in class, or through online chat; provide individualized research consultations; work collaboratively with library colleagues and faculty to develop and promote library instruction, provide workshops on information literacy and metaliteracy, provide outreach, research support, and library services to our distance learning community; acts as a library liaison, cover library circulation desk as needed, participate in collection development and maintenance of print and electronic materials, assist with interlibrary loan resource delivery and related copyright assistance as needed, design and implement library marketing strategies, assist with maintenance/ troubleshooting of electronic resources, library databases, and other library software, and attend meetings as required. Position: August 1 through May 31st
- Master's degree from an ALA-accredited program required.
- Minimum three years academic library instruction experience preferred.
- Excellent teaching and presentation skills with a high level of familiarity with teaching technology.
- Knowledge of broad trends in information literacy and best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a willingness to listen and the diplomatic skills needed to collaborate with a diverse library community
- Working experience with library technologies/software/systems and integrated library systems products.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to implement library marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Work collaboratively with library staff in order to provide and maintain quality online services and resources.
To apply, please submit a letter of application and resume online at http://clarke.applicantpool.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|